Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Apologies if I was unclear; I 100% agree with your point above and it is correct that they shoud. What I am trying to say, perhaps poorly, is that I suspect the FA will en-devour to distance themselves from the case for two reasons....

1) it has been settled without reporting a criminal offence
2) its a criminal issue rather than a governing body issue.

To be absolutely clear, I am not saying the FA shouldn't throw the book at them, I am suggesting it is likely they predictably look to turn the other cheek
One prem team hacking another and you think they should turn the other cheek haha,if it was the other way around...as i'm sure you would know and be yelling you head off about

Not sure if I'm way off the mark here, but the first thing I thought when all this came out was that the F.A were always aware of this and that they in fact probably mediated the settlement so that it could be brushed under the carpet so as not to damage the P.L brand. In fact I would be shocked if this isn't the case.
TV deal was being negotiated I think at the same time

The minuscule level of media coverage this is attracting is baffling. Very strange, in fact.

Doesn’t make sense...
It's strange you find it strange. I expect it. It's the flip-side of the coin which generated hysterical Der Spiegel headlines in the football pages. There's news they like to print, and news they don't like to print.

Certain newspapers back the Tories. Some always headline health scares, one or two back Labour. And they all have almost the same hostile line re Manchester City.

I, for example, would be absolutely amazed if the Guardian investigative journalists are commissioned by the Liverpool supporting sports editor Sachin Nakrani to start digging (I assume he is still the Sport Editor).

One prem team hacking another and you think they should turn the other cheek haha,if it was the other way around...as i'm sure you would know and be yelling you head off about
Read the post more carefully, he's not saying they should turn the other cheek, he's saying its likely they will, I can't say I have a great deal of confidence in our FA being fair to City, do you ?

It's strange you find it strange. I expect it. It's the flip-side of the coin which generated hysterical Der Spiegel headlines in the football pages. There's news they like to print, and news they don't like to print.

Certain newspapers back the Tories. Some always headline health scares, one or two back Labour. And they all have almost the same hostile line re Manchester City.

I, for example, would be absolutely amazed if the Guardian investigative journalists are commissioned by the Liverpool supporting sports editor Sachin Nakrani to start digging (I assume he is still the Sport Editor).
Nakrani is not and never has been Sports Editor at the Grauniad. He is described as a writer and an editor which almost certainly means sub editing sports feature copy from freelancers.
The Football Editor is, or was Martin Christenson and Will Woodward is Head of Sport. Incidentally Jonathan Liew joins them next week,. which should do nothing to redress the bias.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.