Worried about the EDS

Really? if the three you mentioned dominated so much how come we never won the FA trophy when they were playing against people their own age.
For someone so far away from the Academy you spout out as if you a fantastic in depth knowledge of the players.
You big up the players beyond their abilities, moan like fuck they don’t get games in the first team, then when they do this week you are negative about how they played, and never congratulate the club on all the trophies they win, regardless of the kids playing or not.
Tell me how you really feel... damn somebody is mad.

Do I have to be involved in the academy to have knowledge of the players? 21st century pal. Up until recently we could actually watch academy games. We didn't win the FA trophy but those 3 most definitely dominated at that level, you clearly didn't watch them.

I moaned about opportunities? Guess what, your moaning about me moaning that makes no sense. Atleast I have proof with Phil Foden showing he deserves to be playing games and getting more minutes.

You want me to congratulate the club for winning trophies on this forum? What the hell is this, this forum isn't a direct link to City. Any city fan that doesn't understand how good our management and success is right now is a moron... that being said we can improve on the academy side and I talk about that.

they need a proper manager and we need to focus on a winning culture. Same for the women. Eye been taken off the ball and the end of an era of these approaches being successful, have to evolve.

I wonder whether a possible reason for the results of the EDS is that they play against teams which are on average say 2 years older. In that stage of players' development 2 years is a big difference. Probably half of our players are 17 y.o. Last night Delap was subbed in and he is only 16. If there is no significant age difference between our EDS team and the other U23 teams, then something might be going seriously wrong.

I wonder whether a possible reason for the results of the EDS is that they play against teams which are on average say 2 years older. In that stage of players' development 2 years is a big difference. Probably half of our players are 17 y.o. Last night Delap was subbed in and he is only 16. If there is no significant age difference between our EDS team and the other U23 teams, then something might be going seriously wrong.

3 years last night apparently and I think that's possibly the average over the season so far. Their development is first and foremost what City are aiming for although it can't be to the total detriment of their league standing. I have to believe there is a plan to turn things around but it's hard to see what it is from here.

I think people are underestimating how young our team is, the average age of our outfield tonight was 17, Leicesters averages was 20. That's a big difference in experience, strength etc.

That's a fair argument. I would add that these players are said to be some of the brightest talents in their age group, if they can't impress against 20 year olds in another academy then can they impress in our team?

I would further add that Foden, Diaz and Sancho made the EDS look like a joke at 17 years old. I think the majority of players who become or get to close being some of the best players in the world dominate at a young age.

First, we are not supposed to produce talents like Foden, Sancho and Diaz every (other) year. To have a talent like them every 3-4 years would be pretty good. Arguably, we have some top talents now in Garcia, Braaf, Harwood...I think Delap is going to be a star.

Second, age difference shouldn't be underestimated as already said in this thread. Foden's England U17 was full with talent and still drew some games against other U17 sides. Imagine them in a U19 WC. They wouldn't be anywhere near reaching the semis, let alone winning the thing. It's only natural for 17 y.o. players to struggle playing against U23 sides.

The coach might be limited, it will transpire soon. If we don't fire him, then the losses are sort of factored in when planning the season. Those saying the players don't make progress compare their performances against boys of the same age with their performances against bigger and several years older boys.

3 years last night apparently and I think that's possibly the average over the season so far. Their development is first and foremost what City are aiming for although it can't be to the total detriment of their league standing. I have to believe there is a plan to turn things around but it's hard to see what it is from here.
Its a fair point, but I'm not sure that them losing every week is good for their development either, I think there is a lack of balance here, too many underage players getting beat every week isn't helping their cause much.

That might not be the coach, but it could be.

We should also remember that we have quite a number of players who would be playing at this level if here, playing elsewhere on loan at a higher level, surely that is good experience for them, even if its not for the 16/17/18 year olds playing U23 football.

I know years ago ,I watched the youth teams get to 3fa trophy finals . I've Seen Phil Foden and Angileno and The best player I can't remember is name

............and the team are definitely going backwards. Confidence will have plenty to do with that but I have to think the manager must take the blame. Tonight the team looked totally lost.

Nail on head. My own feelings too.

I would like to see Gareth Taylor promoted to U-23 but maybe from the summer as I would like to see him finish this season off with the U18. Bring Kompany in to be head coach for rest of this season of EDS team and step up as defensive coach to 1st team from summer. Ok I am dreaming now, I will move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.