Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little confused by the general 'surprised-he's-quite-good' tone i've seen from City fans in general really. Lots still very cautious about him and I just don't get that as it seems a bit unfair based on some appearances years ago, or judging him on preseason. Can only presume it's because they've not really paid attention to how genuinely well he did with PSV. He's not just making up the numbers. He's a cracking little full-back with a shit load of potential who was the best LB in a good, solid league for two years in a row, plus he did it on the European stage for them too against big teams. Barca, Spurs etc. He's really young and has loads of potential for improvement and we should remember that. I feel like if he didn't have history with City people would be a lot more excited by this lad who's looked very impressive every time he's stepped on the pitch this season. Who knows how good he could get under Pep if given a good go?
I was very much against this signing but he is our player now, firstly he was not the best LB in the league he was second best, and i will say the same thing i said to utd fans over the Depay signing, `very good in a little boys league` Angelino did not have to defend so he showed his best form, as with all players you are only as good as your last game so at the moment he is good

I was very much against this signing but he is our player now, firstly he was not the best LB in the league he was second best, and i will say the same thing i said to utd fans over the Depay signing, `very good in a little boys league` Angelino did not have to defend so he showed his best form, as with all players you are only as good as your last game so at the moment he is good
Made LB position in player of the year 2 years in a row. You are talking nonsense.

As for Depay, he has been playing well for Lyon, United have ruined almost every player that came there, so you using them as a reference is laughable.

He was literally in the Eredivise team of the season two years in a row. Once with NAC, who were shite so it was impressive he stood out, the second time with PSV. So no, he wasn't the 2nd best. Also the belittling of the Eredivise is pointless. There are flops from every league in the world. World class players have come from there too, and there's the fact that he played very well in the Champions league.

And that last sentence is just unquestionably not true is it? I get your point, vaguely, but it's also one of the most pointless terms in football in my opinion. It was one that was only ever used tongue in cheek, but people act as if its some kind of gospel. An Aguero stinker where he misses a few sitters (which happens every season because he's human) doesn't suddenly mean the world will ignore 14 years of being amazing does it? He clearly doesn't just become as good as his last game. No one does. They're as good as their last year or two of football. Not one 90 minutes. It's a very narrow way of viewing the game.

If you don't like Angelino as a player, fine, but don't use some mental gymnastics to try and justify it and denigrate his accomplishments and only look at one side of the picture. It's not fair on the lad. All evidence over the last couple of years suggests he's a very promising and talented footballer. A young one too who cares about the club a lot. I don't get the lack of support at all from some. It's weird IMO. We should be wanting this lad to succeed here, not looking for reasons why he isn't good enough so willingly. He cares about this club, he was really cheap and he's harming absolutely no one by being here.

Last edited:
Made LB position in player of the year 2 years in a row. You are talking nonsense.

As for Depay, he has been playing well for Lyon, United have ruined almost every player that came there, so you using them as a reference is laughable.

And at the international level, with the biggest of the big boys, he’s been highly impressive. That lot don’t always ruin good players, they just don’t allow them to develop.

Hope he cements himself as a starter. Got little to no faith in Mendy reaching his Monaco level, never rated Zinchenko and probably never will.

Soo good at crossing on the left, we have been missing this for ages.

He still needs to work on his defensive work but he has time to work on that. I like that he allows Sterling the option to go in more.

Much work to do. Defensively, he smacked the ball up the park when he was under minimum pressure; he needs to have the confidence to hold it and wait for an option. He also needs to be less deferential and give the forwards an earful when they are drifting into the space he is supposed to be exploiting. In an attacking sense, he needs to follow Mendy’s style and realise that, when faced with the massed ranks, a three iron cracked at knee height will get more result than a lob wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.