#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good thirty minutes from Phil , didnt look out of place and slotted into the midfield perfectly , another 18 months under Pep and we will have another top quality player.

You can see how much he has improved in the last year.

Last year for the most part he didn't do much more than recycle the ball and keep it moving. I thought he often looked neat and tidy but not much more, meaning that he was very good at not giving the ball away without creating too much of a threat himself.

In the last couple of games I think he has posed much more of an attacking threat. In the game against Atalanta I thought he was excellent, and created dangerous situations several times. Likewise on Saturday I thought after he came on he looked quite a threat. There was one 'almost' through ball he played that got cut out but Sergio was away and clear on goal if it had gone through. It was the type of pass that we are used to seeing Silva, De Bruyne or Gundogan play, and it was nice to see Foden try to execute. The reason I wouldn't make him a regular starter - yet - is simply because our midfield is out of this world. I think he'd be a regular starter at Liverpool.

To anyone who thinks Foden should be learning his trade on loan should think again. Everytime I see this lad play he gets better.

You can see the influence of both Silva & DeBruyne in his game with his passing, runs & ability to find space. At such a young age he reads the game so well and also has the confidence to take on & run at defenders.
I see him now getting a lot more game time & getting his name in Southgate's squad for the Euros next year.

To anyone who thinks Foden should be learning his trade on loan should think again. Everytime I see this lad play he gets better.

You can see the influence of both Silva & DeBruyne in his game with his passing, runs & ability to find space. At such a young age he reads the game so well and also has the confidence to take on & run at defenders.
I see him now getting a lot more game time & getting his name in Southgate's squad for the Euros next year.
Phil Foden has been reading the game ' so well ' for a number of years now mate.
It's nothing new.
He had the confidence to' run at defenders 'on his City 'debut' 3 years ago v utd in front of 80k fans in America
He hasn't suddenly improved that aspect of his game.

Last season at Newport on a quagmire of a pitch he scored two goals and walked off with a 91% passing accuracy rate ...that..in a match he was thrown into after weeks on the sidelines.The lad is a footballing genius
Nothing you say has just happened.Foden has always had the ability for those savy enough to see it.
Now he is getting the opportunities to show it.
Ability wise. ..Phil Foden should have been a participant in the last world cup....in place of the Clown jlingz or the over rated injured del boy Ali
At least Sterling would have got at least one decent ball a game to run on to.
Rant over.

Phil Foden has been reading the game ' so well ' for a number of years now mate.
It's nothing new.
He had the confidence to' run at defenders 'on his City 'debut' 3 years ago v utd in front of 80k fans in America
He hasn't suddenly improved that aspect of his game.

Last season at Newport on a quagmire of a pitch he scored two goals and walked off with a 91% passing accuracy rate ...that..in a match he was thrown into after weeks on the sidelines.The lad is a footballing genius
Nothing you say has just happened.Foden has always had the ability for those savy enough to see it.
Now he is getting the opportunities to show it.
Ability wise. ..Phil Foden should have been a participant in the last world cup....in place of the Clown jlingz or the over rated injured del boy Ali
At least Sterling would have got at least one decent ball a game to run on to.
Rant over.

It's obvious he has become physically stronger though which is quite important to play with success against PL teams. He is better now than he was a year ago, no question about that.

I’m not usual one to clamour for the youth to start but we have a ‘legs’ conundrum in midfield and his youth and movement might be just what we need. He changed the rhythm of the game today and it seems whatever three we play we are easily outrun on the counter. He should be starting more games now, not for his career but because he might be the answer.

Came on and set up Angelino who set up Walker's goal.

Play him against Atalanta and rest David Silva, would be shocked if he didn't start.

Came on and set up Angelino who set up Walker's goal.

Play him against Atalanta and rest David Silva, would be shocked if he didn't start.
I'd be shocked if he did seeing as though he's suspended ;)

Should of come on a lot sooner today but how many times have we said that this season. David and Gundogan playing in the same team slow down the momentum

I think we are rapidly approaching the time when he will be more productive to the team than DS. I say that as no criticism of DS, who is one of the greatest players ever to wear the shirt, but more the realisation that one players time has come, while the other's time is approaching the end. I feel the time is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.