Referee/Officials Thread 2019/20

Does anyone ever think that we will ever see one of these arses actually send someone off for time wasting,the odd yellow comes out now and again,but will we ever see 2 yellows to say a keeper,I#m doubtful myself,but something has got to be done,fucking joke this at times

Does anyone ever think that we will ever see one of these arses actually send someone off for time wasting,the odd yellow comes out now and again,but will we ever see 2 yellows to say a keeper,I#m doubtful myself,but something has got to be done,fucking joke this at times

no I dont think so & most keepers ultimately feel they have achieved something, including extra time wasting, by goading a ref into walking down to book them.

i dont think a basketball style timer would work for football, but if the attacking team had the right to press the keeper 20 seconds after the ball goes out of play, or something like that, it would help

Actually a ref has to cover the space the opposite linesmen cannot.
That's why they normally cover the diagonale from our right edge of the box
across the centre spot to our left attacking space - where Merlin mainly operates.

Some refs are better at moving around, others are often in the player's way.
Players simply have to cope.

They can do that without getting in the way. They manage it quite successfully in other games I watch.

So Southampton waste time at every opportunity fromthe moment they score to the moment that Walker scored in the 86th minute. And Ederson is the only player to get a yellow for time wasting. Seriously?

You are exactly right. The ref should be on the opposite side of the pitch to his assistant generally. However, there is nothing to stop them being 5 yards further back and not then be in the way. It is really poor to get caught up in play or be in the way. These guys are supposed to be the top of their profession and this should not happen more than once in a game. Mind you, I have noticed this happening in other games not involving City. Old school refs were always taught to stay 15 to 20m yards behind play in order to get a more open view of whats happening but these days Mike Riley has deemed 8 yards away to be the primary viewing position and hence more chance of being in the way.
8 yards? It does explain why they miss so much then.

So Southampton waste time at every opportunity fromthe moment they score to the moment that Walker scored in the 86th minute. And Ederson is the only player to get a yellow for time wasting. Seriously?
Yep.That's where we are at now with Pigmol. They are not even subtle about it now.Clear as day. ..

Yesterday's performance was one of the worst this season. It has already been mentioned on here about Southampton time wasting and the 'soft' free kicks given to them but also every free kick we got Southampton were allowed to line up on the 'wrong' side if the line and he allowed players on the side who were not 10m away.

He is not alone though. We are not the only club to feel aggrieved at the standard of referees. I have said for a while that whilst we have Old Mother Riley at the top nothing will change. We need someone like Collina (who was probably the best ref I have ever seen) to come in and clean up the mess. He was a wonderful ref who was always alert and up with play. Time for a clear out and it should start at the top. The only problem is the person taking over would probably be one of the other incompetent wankers beneath him.

Booking a goalie for time wasting is another example of manipulating the LotG as they are written. You can, rightly, be booked for timewasting but it all depends on whether you maintain a sequence. If you begin another sequence you generally get booked by the fuckin' useless 'arbitrators of time'! Eddie put the ball down and then picked it up - the mistake that gets the booking. The Southampton goalie just went into deliberate slow motion, along with half a dozen other goalies who have graced our lush pastures, and not been booked. That was the first time Eddie wasted any time. If there were any natural justice within the arbitration of a football game then the first foul committed by anyone should draw a yellow card. It doesn't! Mason was pissed off. I don't know why the fuck he bothers reffing at all!

The other instance I spotted on the highlights was Kevin wagging a finder at the useless canute of a whistling wanker was after the Southampton goalie picked the ball up from a back pass. Mason clearly decided from where he was having us take the free kick. The goalie picked the ball up midway between goal area line and edge of the penalty area. It was on the line between the mowing pattern. Mason insisted it be pulled back three yards. The free kick, at his insistence, with yellow card in back pocket steaming to get out if any argument ensued, was taken from the wrong place. The laws, despite the shitty vagueness written within them, is as clear as clear can be - the free kick is taken at the point of offence. He was even shown where the ball was picked up. I just wonder if any players, apart from the cursory nods and greetings, have the slightest respect for these bumblers and cheats. I know I haven't.

Booking a goalie for time wasting is another example of manipulating the LotG as they are written. You can, rightly, be booked for timewasting but it all depends on whether you maintain a sequence. If you begin another sequence you generally get booked by the fuckin' useless 'arbitrators of time'! Eddie put the ball down and then picked it up - the mistake that gets the booking. The Southampton goalie just went into deliberate slow motion, along with half a dozen other goalies who have graced our lush pastures, and not been booked. That was the first time Eddie wasted any time. If there were any natural justice within the arbitration of a football game then the first foul committed by anyone should draw a yellow card. It doesn't! Mason was pissed off. I don't know why the fuck he bothers reffing at all!

The other instance I spotted on the highlights was Kevin wagging a finder at the useless canute of a whistling wanker was after the Southampton goalie picked the ball up from a back pass. Mason clearly decided from where he was having us take the free kick. The goalie picked the ball up midway between goal area line and edge of the penalty area. It was on the line between the mowing pattern. Mason insisted it be pulled back three yards. The free kick, at his insistence, with yellow card in back pocket steaming to get out if any argument ensued, was taken from the wrong place. The laws, despite the shitty vagueness written within them, is as clear as clear can be - the free kick is taken at the point of offence. He was even shown where the ball was picked up. I just wonder if any players, apart from the cursory nods and greetings, have the slightest respect for these bumblers and cheats. I know I haven't.

I saw that this morning - as you say, it was right on the mowing line.
I have a feeling that none of them have any respect for Mason, and had probably had the lowdown on him from experience.

Not only did he move the back to about two yards inside the area he then is unable to perform simple maths for where the wall should be. 16 - 10 = 6. Wall was about seven yards away at best but he didn’t appear to care. That said instead of playing the ball sideways we should have played it backwards to give KDB a little more space. I only hope the club put in a written report and ensure the powers that be know that we know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.