San Siro crowd control

Haven't done any of this season's Euro away matches. It's a shame because, without exception, I've enjoyed everything about them apart from the actual match experience. The majority of the issues seem to come from the police's insistence that 'kettling' a large group of people, of various ages, sexes and fitness, most who've consumed a few beers, is the best way to ensure crowd control. The absence of an effective method of getting away supporters into, and out of, the ground quickly and safely has been the cause of most of the issues I've seen. Yet the message that, the more you keep large numbers of semi pissed fans waiting in a crush the more likely you are to have a problem, still doesn't see to have hit home and it is still the default method of policing away fans virtually everywhere bar Germany.

Where are the City Matters reps when it comes to talking to the club about this?

Love that mate, we were discussing same when over there.
One of the CM lot who appeared to be the min spokesperson has only been seen at one.
Obviously loyalty points were not a major issue with him.

GMP and City Liaison People are an absolute wast of space on a Euro away.
Only there for a jolly.
Two of them did the thee minute mile outside Madrid last time we played when the saw the Police whacking people.
GMP would sooner collar a City fan and have him banned just to justify being there.
We have to accept that it is the norm, mainly in Italy and Spain and we will get no help from the Club.

GMP and City Liaison People are an absolute wast of space on a Euro away.
Only there for a jolly.
Two of them did the thee minute mile outside Madrid last time we played when the saw the Police whacking people.
GMP would sooner collar a City fan and have him banned just to justify being there.
We have to accept that it is the norm, mainly in Italy and Spain and we will get no help from the Club.
Similar a few years ago in Porto.
GMP stood and watched when the local bobbies with knuckle dusters waded in to us on the underground.

What does our club say about the support or lack of from GMP/Police Liaison for our fans at European away matches?
Has City Matters discussed away European fixtures?

might be an idea to contact the club, i think a ban letter may be incoming, its the procedure that when someone has been nicked then the club are made aware but their may be a delay with it being abroad, if you contact the club and get your story out first then it sounds a whole lot better, if you do i would do it in the form of a complaint,head of security is the man you need
regarding the gun incident i would also bring that up as these places do have CCTV systems

Tbf the club has not been involved yet. I will think about it

This is a tough one. If the club are aware of your arrest then a long ban is the default position. In that case getting your side of the story in first could help your situation. However if they don't know you were arrested then I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing about it..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.