United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y7A77GS.jpg

The Utd way ha ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah ok.
Anyone found out what it is yet? :-)

I am over in Australia at the moment seeing my son and D in law. I went into a pub in Sydney and the barman on hearing my accent asked where I was from. As soon as I said Manchester a voice piped up 'Blue or red'. It was a bloke at the bar so I simply replied 'Well as I am from Manchester obviously I'm a Blue'. The look of hate/disgust on this fellahs face was a picture so I said By that look you are clearly not from Manchester and support the Rags.
He said he was from Dublin.......
So I asked how come he had an aussie/irish accent. It turned out that he moved over here 30 years ago...... aged 10. I simply said that spoke volumes.

No matter what happens this weekend never forget they are scum and the number one scum at that.

Since 2005 myself and Mrs Up North have been winter holidaying in Goa and since retiring in 2012 we spend most of the Winter there. To get to the point , when we first started coming the locals virtually didn't know what football was ,never mind the "Great Man Utd". However as the years went on the game was more accessible and they started to follow it. Whenever I told them I was from, Manchester UK, came the reply "Ah Manchester United" no I say City, the Blue side, it was met with blank stares. However it is now changed so much, the Prem League is big now here in Goa and Indias' own IPL is half decent. To the point where as now talking to a local guy the other evening, when I told him I'm a City fan ,he replied wow they are a good team but how do you think they will go on without David Silva next season. The tide in this part of Asia is definitely turning.

Since 2005 myself and Mrs Up North have been winter holidaying in Goa and since retiring in 2012 we spend most of the Winter there. To get to the point , when we first started coming the locals virtually didn't know what football was ,never mind the "Great Man Utd". However as the years went on the game was more accessible and they started to follow it. Whenever I told them I was from, Manchester UK, came the reply "Ah Manchester United" no I say City, the Blue side, it was met with blank stares. However it is now changed so much, the Prem League is big now here in Goa and Indias' own IPL is half decent. To the point where as now talking to a local guy the other evening, when I told him I'm a City fan ,he replied wow they are a good team but how do you think they will go on without David Silva next season. The tide in this part of Asia is definitely turning.
I agree with your general point, but Goa has always been known for its love of footbal.
"Normally other states are fond of cricket but association football is the most popular sport in Goa and is embedded in Goan culture as a result of the Portuguese influence."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

I agree with your general point, but Goa has always been known for its love of footbal.
"Normally other states are fond of cricket but association football is the most popular sport in Goa and is embedded in Goan culture as a result of the Portuguese influence."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

Agree with you but early to mid noughties, when we started going, there was no Media coverage at all, I had to phone home or ask the latest intake of tourists in our hotel for results, so nobody knew anything about English footie. My point stands, now they are getting the product they are making their own minds up and make no mistake we are well known and liked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.