Liverpool (a) post-match thread

We started the game with the right tactics, just like last year. Keep the ball take their sting out of it.

Then: it was hand ball, it was hand ball, IT WAS HAND BALL, IT WAS HAND BALL!

Simple as that, it was hand ball!

After that: half our team just stopped for a second or two, we fell asleep, Gundo made a shocker of a clearance, Angeliño and Rodri both fell asleep and were in no man’s land and they scored and it all changed.

But it was handball!

From then on we played exactly how we did in both defeats there in 2017-18. Wide open, giving the ball away.

Both Raz and Kun trying too hard and were too tense. Both of them need to have some meditation sessions ahead of our next trip there, they don’t play with any flow or relaxation.

De Bruyne looks fat to me, he’s a yard off everything and everything has to be at his feet or he loses it.

Gundo isn’t involved enough in attacking mid. He’s miles better with the game in front of him.

Angeliño was poor. Walker wasn’t great.

But after all that, I actually think we played alright as a team and had them flapping. But by fuck we just don’t take enough of our chances! We miss a criminal amount of chances!

We dust ourselves down and keep going for that title.

But that was definitely hand ball!

I am a believer that football has a natural order, you see your Stokes etc having good years in the Prem but returning to their natural home. Sadly, the Rags will one day be title contenders / winners. Liverpool after Klopp will return to their challenging but never being consistent phase. Hope city can stay at the top thoguh
I'm sure we will.

The footballing fraternity ripped the piss out of our project when it was in it's infancy and mocked us at every turn. Now we're arguably the best team in Europe.

I completely agree with you that once Klopp leaves Liverpool his drive and philosophy goes with him and the club resort to type.

I don't agree with you about the rags. I honestly don't believe they'll ever win the league again. Everything that made that club successful ended when Ferguson left. Unless they're prepared to admit their finished as a going concern and start again from scratch they'll never recover from their present situation. Fortunately for us the rags haven't got the humility or imagination to do that.

Once Pep leaves the philosophy and infrastructure that we have been steadily building since 2008 continues.

The future is bright, the future is Blue!

Proud of the way we played some players are not up to this level but still very good players game was decided on big decisions and small mistakes by our players the 3rd goal was terrible defending bravo done as well as he could so no blame attached to him we scared them lets get ot right even at 0-3 c.t.i.d we fight till the end.

He did the right thing. You can bet your ass if he mentioned var or poor reffing he would get a touchline bam for chavs as a minimum, and they would hound him for sound bites each and every game following decisions by var for or against.

Best thing to do is say fuck all. Don’t give them what they want.
Which is what they want.

I really want to see foden & Mahrez more they both deserve it.

Id like to see sterling in the middle too. Aguero not firing at the minute and Jesus offers zero

VAR not being used unsettled the players, manager everyone of us
VAR cost us the game
It’s corruption at the top which is allowing the candle lighting, skip dwelling, coach wrecking, phlegm speaking bent bastards win this league

Nope. OUR players cost us the game. Sorry. Blaming VAR is the easy route. We fucked that up all on our own. Gundo shit clearance for first goal, bag loads of missed chances, crap goals conceded. Even with this makeshift team we should have at least drawn that. Bad defending and awful finishing cost us that one. Not VAR, not the ref.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.