Liverpool (a) post-match thread

It would have never been a pen to us anyway. The laws are shit but it touched Silva's hand in the build-up. Attacking handball would have made it a moot point.

100% they give a pen on var if dippers don’t score
Once dippers score no one in var team had an arse enough to give it
ShitbAgs
They give the decisions on var with the same bias at anfield and Old Trafford as they always have

Big fan of Kyle but I thought he was shit today. His crossing and decision making was a bit off today. I guess it comes down to player’s intelligence.
The other was a bit better but not a great deal.
Wingbacks are crucial to our game and ours are simply not good enough
They usually are, but the best teams take the ball away from technically inept players and then exploit the space they leave behind them.

Whodathunk Liverpool would like to exploit the wings in behind the fullbacks, eh???

I thought so too at the time but they were very very marginal. None was an outrageous decision in my opinion although the pen shout early on should have been given. VAR does not overrule ref in those cases. Ref bottled it, and that changed the game.

They may well have been marginal but that is beside the point. Other marginal calls have been reviewed much like the Spanish Inquisition, as recently as yesterday.

The simple truth is we are being officiated differently and that is not right. It is corrupt.We never get the rub and it is being manufactured that way deliberately.

Sky show every VAR offside check. Why haven’t they done this on this occasion. Why were the pictures not sent and why are Liverpool exempt because they have no big screen?

It would have been a massive statement from Pep to start Foden. Got to wonder if he’s as good as Pep says why not thrown him in to a game like today. Unfortunately Pep is not a risk taker and plays his strongest team for every match so Foden isn’t going to get a sniff.
Pep has forged his legend on taking risks and playing in a way no other coach has the balls to. For example, he attacks the opposition's strongest side of the pitch, and at Barca he used to tell Messi to get as far away from the ball as possible - keeping possession on the left until the opposition lose their shape and then a 60-yard Iniesta crossfield precision pass to Messi who is on the touchline.

So where is the challenge gonna come from that little weasel who presents the show,Leicester or maybe Chelsea he shouts !

Well hang on a sec dickhead,are you suggesting that's it now,and we have given up,forgetting Leicester also lost to the ****s a few weeks back

Totally predictable result. Many of us called it pre match but you still get the "Wipe your fannies" merchants everytime people see and voice it.

All their goals were preventable. Everyone knows to stop their crosses yet they got two in unhindered, two goals. What Bravo and Walker are doing for the third I have no idea. The first Stones is backing off, the ball comes in, Gundogan with a piss weak clearance then no one closes the scorer down.

For me we played okay in patches but too nice and pretty, no devil, no anger, no busting a gut until we did start to get angry in the last 20 minutes. Strange game, still not sure how to explain what I have just written, hard to do so, odd feeling.

Vinny just said we get outmuscled in midfield there and I agree. They got very fortunate but their physicality, hunger and energy won that for them in the first half. People can say we looked good near the end but they were 3-0 up and let us play. One of those days, been a bit like that all season. Soft goals conceded and missing and not having any luck at the other end. On the non penalty, now i have calmed down,I have to admit it would have been harsh and I would have been fuming if it was given against us.

Going forward we need a world class centre half to partner Laporte when he is fit. Stones and Otamendi aren't it. Probably the same at left back, also an upgrade on Gundogan in midfield. I have thought and mentioned this before and today just reinforced it for me.

We have had two incredible unforgettable seasons so we can forgive a dip. If we win a cup or two and kick on in the league, maybe finish runners up, go deep in the champions league I'll be happy. Nobody is giving anything up but nine points behind is going to be some ask.

Same, but only if Pep makes some drastic changes.

There are players in this team who are fit and have no excuse to not be in form, and they need to get a rocket up their arses and get dropped if they don't respond.

We might literally need to win 26 games in a row to win the title now, and some of those players don't look up for it IMO.
For me, we need to select our high-energy players, even if it sacrifices a little bit of control. We need to be pressing better and forcing errors. I miss the days where we’d nick the ball high up the pitch and have a 4 on 3. Jesus over Aguero, Foden should be starting some league games. Silva and Gundogan need to play less often than they do. Unless it’s a home game against a bus, then I’m fine with Gundogan playing as the holding midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.