Liverpool (a) post-match thread

What can City have done about those first 2 goals. They were fantastic. First one a bit unlucky because of the VAR call. What a start for Liverpool.

Thereafter City played a good game but missed chances.

I thought Sterling was the best player on the pitch. Bernardo was everywhere. But nothing went for us in front of goal. Partly that is our fault.

I've thought for some time Liverpool would win the league because we are fragile defensively. In truth they won 3-1 and scarcely played today. They let us have the ball. I thought that was tactical, and pretty stupid tactics by Klopp because we could easily have scored earlier from one of many chances and it would have changed the game.

City need to get more out of De Bruyne. He is not at the level he was at. I don't know whether injuries have taken their toll, but he's just falling short.

Usual nonsense.

Maybe. But with players out today, we needed KDB, Bernardo,Sterling to perform. KDB has got close to his level before he was injured last season but not quite reached that level.

We had so much possession in dangerous areas, we just lacked some composure at the end of the moves to kill them off. We were close to ovrwhelming them at times but just couldn't get that goal. I thought Klopp got away with it cos Liverpool hardly broke sweat. That might be a worry. We gave everything and got beat comfortably whereas Liverpool were at 60% and won.

Laporte and Sane will make a big difference. As will Foden when the manager finally gives him a chance. I am afraid that the Gundog always falls just a little bit short. Cost us again. He does it too often. I always think he's a weak link, and was surprised we started with Rodri and Gundogan.
Haha Liverpool at 60%…you don't half post some shite.

What I can't understand is how did gary Neville know before VAR that it wasn't a pen?

They will get information direct from the VAR team such is their pull. My issue is it isn’t being implemented the same, they have no big screen.

That was a blatant penalty and the decision was made in less than 30 seconds. That is not in keeping with the theme of this season so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.