Liverpool (a) post-match thread

I think you might want to look at Gundos contribution (or lack of it) for the third goal !

Maybe so but first job of a full back is to stop the cross second job is to follow your man at the back post (and maybe you know, look over your should and be able to spot the danger).

Thanks, I am sure like any other blue they will find it hard to put today into words but I have tried. Keane summed it up it was just the wrong time to play them today, them on fire and our injuries.

Didnt see Keane say that, but he has a point.

Its not really about today is it - its about those 6 points dropped earlier in the season - losing today, and it wouldn't have been a biggie - would just be a case of stay close and reverse this result when they come to ours. That's why I'm actually less bothered today than I was after those 2 earlier games.

Next phase of squad surgery is most definitely required, a left back and a dominant central defender have to be top of shopping list.

We have a dominant CB but he is injured. We do need another one though.

I'm undecided on left back. I'm not prepared to write Mendy of yet and I think Zinchenko has potential to develop as a different kind of LB i.e. one who comes inside to help the midfield. Mendy's injuries are a very big worry and there are question marks over his defending but I think he can improve that if he is fit enough to train and play regularly.

I can't say I noticed Gundogan being particularly shit today, other than that scuffed clearance. But then I also can't remember him doing anything particularly special, given than he was in the team for David Silva.

What I want to see on the next episode of inside city,is non of this rondo shite but situations where we try to beat the keeper ( I do mean the oppositions). Because today we had more than enough chances to win that.
We had 18 shots to their 12, 55% possession.

But we were too tense in front of goal.

So, in a post match thread we lost, you listed a bunch of games where we lost, and then said Gundogan was this, that and the other....but that’s not what you meant.

Got it!

that’s not my only post. I’ve also said that we’re not decisive or strong enough defensively, and that we’re not clinical enough upfront. I’ve said that 9 points doesn’t mean it’s over, and that a full strength city team may have beaten them today, but they were clinical and ruthless.

And then I pointed out the facts about Gundogan when he plays in the 8 role, which are all correct. I also pointed out that he’s far better in his preferred deep role and is almost completely ineffective in the advanced role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.