Liverpool (a) post-match thread

I thought we played pretty well offensively and got the shit end of the decisions.

For me if Oliver had given a pen, it would have been overruled by VAR for the Bernardo handball but he should have given it. He was 3 yards away and he didn’t give it. He has form for making shit decisions where he completely bottles it and he did there. At worst we don't get the pen but we certainly don’t concede a goal.

As for the goal itself, it’s hideous defending. Stones keeps backing off and backing off until their player is almost in the box. After that, what Gundogan is doing I don’t know. What the fuck is that for a clearance. Here you go mate I’ll pass the ball to you to have a pop at our shit keeper. Brain dead.

The second again is poor defending mainly from Angelino who should not be letting Salah get in front of him. It was a good cross though. Whether it was on or offside we will never know as they made their decision in a nano second and then only showed the line 20 mins later. Pity they didn’t do that for Sheffield United yesterday.

The third is just wank defending and keeping but was a good cross although should have been cut out and the keeper should be doing better there.

On the positive, we had 18 attempts and forced 13 corners. Predictably we did fuck all
With them and Sergio had a mare in front of goal. He played well I thought but has to finish at least one of them, if not more.

Story of our season that game. Poor decisions, poor defending and shite finishing.

Pep was fuming though which will hopefully galvanise the players. We have not been the same side this year, largely down to injuries but we need to up it now as we have some hard games before Xmas.

It really is Liverpool’s to throw away this year but having Chelsea and Leicester up there helps a bit.

We dominated shots and possession but couldn't get a clean strike. More than enough chances to win that game.

Not true. The so-called “attacking handball” law says nothing UNLESS you award a goal! If Sergio had poked the ballin when it fell to him, then I would agree, but he didn’t. No goal, no “offensive handball” law in effect.

No it doesn't. It states if a goal is scored or a goal scoring chance is created. A penalty is the very definition of a goal scoring chance.

What a fucking muppet.

Ive just read your response to RB. You have literally quoted his exact words and used as a stick to beat him with like you’d picked up on something different.

Do yourself a favour and stop being deliberately controversial because you’ll get a hammering on here.

Engage your brain.
It is engaged, I’ve not deliberately quoted anyone to have a go at them, just saying it as I see it

Loved Peps sarcastic handshakes with Oliver.

He knows.
I get the feeling he's known since last season i.e. Scudamore saying something along the lines of the for a more competitive league and Pep saying the league will do down to the wire. This season I think he and the hierarchy know the need for a new winner means match-fixing will be more pronounced. Ironically, this form of corruption could be the downfall of Liverpool and the Premier League. More people are waking up to the fact that football has been hijacked to stop City dominating English football.

We have a dominant CB but he is injured. We do need another one though.

I'm undecided on left back. I'm not prepared to write Mendy of yet and I think Zinchenko has potential to develop as a different kind of LB i.e. one who comes inside to help the midfield. Mendy's injuries are a very big worry and there are question marks over his defending but I think he can improve that if he is fit enough to train and play regularly.

I can’t see him ever being fit enough.

We set up with no intention of protecting what is a makeshift defence, Pep got that wrong, you can't go to Annfield and think its all going to go our way and we will boss it from start to finish
A better option for me would have been playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2
Which ever way with 3 centre halves
of any configuration you want, Liverpool have the best front 3 around and add to that Alexander-Arnold and Robertson stop them and you stop the Dippers,
We turn up every season and play our own game at Annfield and come unstuck now and again we need to be a little bit pragmatic, but Pep doesn't do Pragmatic and until he does, these games will constantly go the wrong way for us and is the high up the list of reasons we can't get over the line in the later stages of Champs League,
I expected more from Pep today with regards to nullifying Liverpool and protecting certain players in our team as we are not in the best of form and the lack of bodies, he put them out their as if we were at full strength and it cost us, corruption not withstanding
That opening goal where we could have had a pen at the Kop end and ended up 1-0 down moments later changed the game.

Pep has his style of play, and I think it could have worked against Liverpool. We are never going to be a pragmatic, cagey side.

I steeled myself before the season for a drop in points to something around a measly 92pts. If it ain't enough, not much you can do.

That's the point, I think. Winning three leagues on the bounce is difficult, but winning three leagues on the bounce with an average of 99 a season is almost impossible. Not giving anything up, but Liverpool will need to drop points because there is no way we are getting 95+ this year.

1-0 up (assuming we scored the pen), they open up bit more looking to equalise, which I admit they probably would have, but I just cannot understand why the penalty wasn’t given by the ref, linesman, 4th official or the pissing VAR judge..!!!, am I out of order by suspecting it’s bent as fuck??
Do you really think that Michael Oliver would give a penalty at the kop end to city in the 4th minute?

Nice, dude. Gundogan seems to be the scapegoat for a team who hasn't won at Anfield for thirty years.

Today a game where the penetration, fear-inducing pace and finishing quality of Leroy is so badly missed - need both him and Raz in the team to have a chance of ending a record like that imho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.