Liverpool (a) post-match thread

That opening goal where we could have had a pen at the Kop end and ended up 1-0 down moments later changed the game.

Pep has his style of play, and I think it could have worked against Liverpool. We are never going to be a pragmatic, cagey side.
Exactly I totally agree with what you're saying but for me it's a weakness in Peps methods
If we had gone there today with a full strength side playing at full tilt and flying I would absolutely say take them on we'll play our way and see who comes out on top
But those weren't the circumstances today, we have a makeshift back 5 for a start add a 6 point deficit to a team with the best front 3 in Europe and we are not exactly flying at the min, to many lack luster performances, have also infected our performances this season
you have to look and take stock, Pep didn't and even if the hand ball was given watching our back 5 and midfield in defensive situations today I recon we would still have lost,

sometimes respect has to be given to the opposition and what they bring to the table and sometimes IMO Pep overlooks this in favour of playing his way no matter what no matter the personal we have out on the pitch, this will win you 98 out of 100 games, its the 2 you lose that concern me as those 2 are usually the most important against the better teams in the games that really matter

VArcical game. Michael Oliver is a cheating cvnt, as is his club LiVARpool Fucking Cheats.
Three penalties (two hands and a push) plus the Egyptian Pussy was, again, offside.
Why I ain't surprised!!
That said, we wasn't that bad, the score flatters the cult cunnts, but nor Gündo or Rodrigo gave cover to the hoofed crosses from the cheats, while Walker was losing his mark.

with our injuries, conversion rate, and at anfield, we needed all the help we could get. Liverpool got all the help they needed. sometimes that is football.

We still have the quality to keep pushing, they could still have a bad patch with injuries to key players. never say never.

Thought pep's speech at the end was very good. didnt moan, didn't chuck the team under the bus, reminded everyone how good we are. On we go.

We need to buy a defender in January. I have no confidence in Stones and the less said about Otamendi, the better. We also need to bin off Mendy if he can't even stay fit for half a season. I would also upgrade on Gundogan but have no idea if anyone world class is available as it seems Pep wants Bernardo on the wing.
Stuff all wrong with Stones today. I thought we have a an upgrade, just Pep doesn't play him ;-)

That wouldn’t have been a pen for us last season without VAR, it wasn’t a pen for us this season with VAR. the same incident at the other end would have been a pen for Diverpool last year without VAR, and would have been this season with VAR. VAR isn’t the issue, it’s consistent and blatant bias and cheating that’s the issue. I hate losing but I can just about cope with it. Cheating on the basis of economics (supporter numbers) makes me utterly fucking sick. VAR isn’t wrecking football, but corruption is

Last edited:
VArcical game. Michael Oliver is a cheating cvnt, as is his club LiVARpool Fucking Cheats.
Three penalties (two hands and a push) plus the Egyptian Pussy was, again, offside.
Why I ain't surprised!!
That said, we wasn't that bad, the score flatters the cult cunnts, but nor Gündo or Rodrigo gave cover to the hoofed crosses from the cheats, while Walker was losing his mark.

He looked guilty as sin at the end when Pep was confronting him

Just got back from the game so haven’t had chance to see the major incidents but even Savage on 5live said it should of been a pen.
That 1st 3/4 minutes we were swarming all over them, they couldn’t get the ball off us, especially down our right flank, Pep had clearly sent them out with the objective to start fast and it was working. We get that pen given, good opportunity to go 1-0 up then it’s a totally different game. We can keep the ball and Liverpool have to then chase the game & be more exposed. Oh well we are going to have to do this the hard way as always.
Great after the game by Pep, Fern, Bernardo & the rest to come over to the fans but especially Rodri who grabbed the badge with so much passion that makes me feel he is already in love with the fans & our great club.
Rest now, & go on a run of wins to put pressure on the rest. Long way to go & we are still fighting for our title

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.