Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine acting like playing Otamendi in this fixture would've been a good idea. We many not have conceded in that specific instance but we sure as hell would've conceded in about 4 other ways.

I totally agree. That’s the problem. The issue is not replacing Kompany.

the question should have been

“Can I trust Stones and Otamendi together IF Laporte gets injured”

If that answer is no as it should have been then not replacing Vinny was a huge mistake. It hasn’t just cost us at the back, it’s cost us in CM.

I said at the beginning of this experiment that we are expcting far too much of him,today was a game to put him back in position,props to rodders but he was not fully fit,i don't know why pep will never play him in his proper position just because he has decided he wants him to be CB,it is such a waste and i hate seeing him struggling,i can't think he enjoys it much either

I said at the beginning of this experiment that we are expcting far too much of him,today was a game to put him back in position,props to rodders but he was not fully fit,i don't know why pep will never play him in his proper position just because he has decided he wants him to be CB,it is such a waste and i hate seeing him struggling,i can't think he enjoys it much either
With our weakened defense Pep is looking for even more control with the ball.
That means having to choose between having both Fern and Rodri on the pitch or Fernanindinho and Otamendi.
Ota isn't a better CB on current form so the first options makes more sense.

I totally agree. That’s the problem. The issue is not replacing Kompany.

the question should have been

“Can I trust Stones and Otamendi together IF Laporte gets injured”

If that answer is no as it should have been then not replacing Vinny was a huge mistake. It hasn’t just cost us at the back, it’s cost us in CM.

It should have been a piss easy question to answer.

One of, if not the best defensive midfielder in the league for a good few seasons and we are wasting him at CB because Pep can’t trust Our two CB’s together. Had he been in defensive midfield today I’m almost certain Liverpool’s break for the first goal would have been a free kick on the half way line. We dont look solid at all at the back and him not playing DM is one of the reasons.
Ottamendi vs the dippers would have been much worse than what we saw

With our weakened defense Pep is looking for even more control with the ball.
That means having to choose between having both Fern and Rodri on the pitch or Fernanindinho and Otamendi.
Ota isn't a better CB on current form so the first options makes more sense.
I understand that really,i just want to see a vintage dinho running the game again,i have such a soft spot for him

He was our most important player for the first two thirds of last season and the foundation of our title defence. We would not have beat the Dippers at home without him

It's little wonder we're relatively struggling without him there. As others have said though, the other option is playing Otamendi and that to me is immeasurably worse.

I've not really seen any signs that he is going to be a good centre back yet. Doesnt look comfortable, doesnt seem to be having good games, is making a lot of silly fouls and getting yellow cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.