Liverpool (a) post-match thread

The third goal was a shambles on many levels. Not cutting out the cross at source, Bravo half coming for it then leaving it, Walker’s fucking about... can’t win a title defending like that.

The cross looked good in the end and people are raving about it. 9/10 that would have been dealt with by the defender at the point of the cross and as we had two there, it should have been. It just got worse from there. It was shambolic defending.

Overall, thought we actually played fairly well today. If Ederson was in net instead of Bravo I think we may well have got a point. Defensively we were pretty poor again, but going forward we looked good. Same old story of not taking our chances though. Nine points at this stage isn’t insurmountable, but it’s going to be very difficult. Injuries are killing us, but regardless we don’t seem to have quite the same desire and hunger as the past two seasons.

I thought we played pretty well as well but the weaknesses that Liverpool exploit every time are predictable...I know Pep will never change this (and neither should he, but its a little frustrating)

Nine points is douable but we have to sort out our densive side of our game. Its not just he back four that is the ussue for me..its how the midfieklders are defending (or not ) as well.

Will Liverpool lose 2 (rememnber we have to play them at our place and we could turn them over there if we have a fully fit squad) - Im not sure but they could draw a few more......3 draws isnt unlikely as they have been getting away with it in some games ...then we would just have to beat them

Like i said hough we would have ot be near perfect from now on and for that we must get the defensive side of our game sorted.

I take no pleasure in finishing the weekend in 3rd place. Shocking display of officiating.

By my count, Fabinho's goal should have been ruled out and a penalty awarded to City and Salah's goal was offside.
Do yourself a favour and don't check the current table then. ;)

Old poppadom wrists.
I know you’re meant to support any player that pulls on the shirt but for me I can’t stick the guy, on a par with the likes of Santa Cruz, Castillo, Jo, kernaghan as players in the team I never want to see on the pitch

The cross looked good in the end and people are raving about it. 9/10 that would have been dealt with by the defender at the point of the cross and as we had two there, it should have been. It just got worse from there. It was shambolic defending.

There is only one man guaranteed a starting spot in that defence and that's Laporte when he is fit. I fear a lot more money is going to have to be spent to get it ship shape.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.