Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blades was robbed.
Var works for the media darlings 9 out of 10 times. The one that it doesn't provides alibis to the media darlings clubs fans

Arf!

You don't want to know about the times when VAR goes against Spurs. You're only interested in confirmation bias.

After we were robbed in the CL springs to mind
That's horseshit mate. I've been here when we have been beaten 5-1, 6-1, when you made champs league first time, When we have won games and lost many. I've never rubbed in the score and given a fair assesment everytime. It's clear you and one or two posters try to derail the convo we have with other blues just to boost your post count.

Not been following your games, but there does seem to be too heavy a reliance on Son and Kane to get you,out of a pickle.With no natural wingers you need fullbacks overlapping, and minus either you need quick-footed midfielders like our Silvas. You seem instead to have very similar solid types of players in the midfield, and Ali and Dier look to be players who are now stagnating. Not sure all that can be turned around quickly.
Dier was awful yesterday and there is a reason Poch has dropped him, Alli hasn't been the same player since his injury. He was always good for a goal and linked up well with our forward play.

I think once Lo Celso and Dombele start to hit form and Sessengon cements his place we may see a different Spurs

Our laboured football is painful, there isn't any flow or intensity at all

Dier was awful yesterday and there is a reason Poch has dropped him, Alli hasn't been the same player since his injury. He was always good for a goal and linked up well with our forward play.

I think once Lo Celso and Dombele start to hit form and Sessengon cements his place we may see a different Spurs

Our laboured football is painful, there isn't any flow or intensity at all

You’re probably a team in transition, with too many players unconvinced by the manager’s intensity style of play. It got you so far but no further, and tired players can only do that for so long. Even Guardiola has had to adjust how we press.

If Levy is balking at paying him off, then you need to wait until he’s assembled the next team and implemented his new approach. That might not be seen until later this season or even the next. Impatience at Arsenal will likely buy you time, too.

Think its like Liverpool from our side we get next to nowt respect from the majority of the media after what we have achieved while likes of spurs liverpool and the rags mainly get positive spin when being poor.

I totally agree that you guys didn't get anywhere near enough praise for your unprecedented achievement last season and that, had it been Liverpool, the media love-in would have been nauseating.

But it's not true to say that Spurs get positive coverage regardless. We've been getting pelters all season. And we got pelters for years before we started doing well under Poch (bar a brief amnesty under Redknapp). Which is fair enough. We get praise when we are going well and criticism when we aren't. And much of it, the good and the bad, is grossly exaggerated. It's always been thus.

Arsenal fans have been moaning for years that the media is especially biased against them. I've always said to those that I know that I believe the media only reflects what their own fan base are saying. If Arsenal fans are slamming the manager, board and players - as they largely have for the past ten years - then the media is going to follow suit. They have quickly forgotten how, when Wenger was routinely winning and competing for big trophies, the media equally routinely sucked Arsenal cock. According to the media back then, Arsenal had practically invented passing football; and the notion of buying players from abroad; and the idea of producing players from their own youth system etc.

We played well. We deserved a bit of praise. Who cares? Nobody minded when they laid into Ramos, AVB,Ossie, Francis, Gross, El Tel etc and MOTD running gag that Spurs will let you down. It's as if we have never had the piss taken out of us. Football has been around a fair while. It never bothered me in my life at all, maybe I'm not sensitive enough. The media were absolute arseholes with England for over 30 years too, am I the only one who has noticed this shit. Look at Hillsborough too, the media will talk shit about anyone. They'll be laying into Pellegrini all week now. It's part and parcel of the game

Exactly this.

Spurs have probably had more than their fair share of damning media coverage over the years. The past four seasons under Poch have been an oasis in the desert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.