Here’s to you Richard Scudamore

HelloCity

024-EEB5-C-0-CF5-4-AAD-8-D02-29-FE08-B8809-C.jpg

DF9-D81-B0-113-F-4-D91-8-F78-6-E70-EFED5965.jpg

31-A8-E46-B-B600-443-D-830-C-4-A9-FA7359708.jpg

This is ridiculous - the Premier League should not be trying to influence who wins the league. Their job is simply to ensure the Premier League puts on as big a spectacle as possible. (i.e. Games not being ruined by VAR) Who actually wins it is none of their business.

To the rest of the 'PL football family' there was nothing spectacular about our two consecutive title wins. They saw them as uncompetitive, dreary, dispiriting and just not good for the game. The sooner someone else's name was on the pot the better, they thought!

Just out of interest is anyone able to explain what this strategy may involve?

Serious question, I don’t get how someone could influence this without trying to influence on the field incidents.
you have just answered your own question.

i am losing my love of the game. not becuase it looks like we are not going to win the league this year, or that we were beaten by liverpool in dubious circumstances.

i am at a stage where i do actually, fully, believe that there are people/persons/institutions pulling strings behind the scenes to manipulate the league results. Before var started i thought it would be the leveler all fans were waiting for, but its the biggest shit show, ever!!!
what is more insulting is that these faceless enforcers behind the scenes are believing that they can string the fans along and not have any accountability to their actions. And even more insulting than that travesty, is they are actually managing to do this.
i used to be naive and believe the game in the UK was not bent, i used to look at other leagues and shake my head at their obvious manipulation. Now I realize that with so much money and power in the league, so much interest from around the world, so many hidden deals and back-scratching and obfuscation, it is painfully obvious that manipulated is what we all have been.
i still love my team, but i am falling out of love with football.

i am losing my love of the game. not becuase it looks like we are not going to win the league this year, or that we were beaten by liverpool in dubious circumstances.

i am at a stage where i do actually, fully, believe that there are people/persons/institutions pulling strings behind the scenes to manipulate the league results. Before var started i thought it would be the leveler all fans were waiting for, but its the biggest shit show, ever!!!
what is more insulting is that these faceless enforcers behind the scenes are believing that they can string the fans along and not have any accountability to their actions. And even more insulting than that travesty, is they are actually managing to do this.
i used to be naive and believe the game in the UK was not bent, i used to look at other leagues and shake my head at their obvious manipulation. Now I realize that with so much money and power in the league, so much interest from around the world, so many hidden deals and back-scratching and obfuscation, it is painfully obvious that manipulated is what we all have been.
i still love my team, but i am falling out of love with football.

missed the first game at anfield for four years, didn't watch it on tv. Why should I watch a dictated game.

the money thrown at the game with tv & advertising makes it wide open to manipulation and fixing. The league cant afford to loose its status at the top as the worlds greatest league, if city dominated the PL it would kill off the money pumped in. Therefore strings are being pulled and to make it worse it is being rubbed in our faces.

Xfatcor football on its way if not here already

I said before the game yesterday that I hoped VAR or the ref would not affect the outcome

Well that was dashed very quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.