Tenuous links to famous people

I once sat on a table next to Englebert Humperdinck in an Indian Restaurant - the Manzil - in Leicester. Also queued up just behind Dave Bartram - singer with Showaddywaddy - on Leicester market. If that’s not enough, I met a young Gary Lineker when a mate of mine taught him at City of Leicester Boys and was introduced by another (rugby playing) mate to Clive Woodward when he was playing for Leicester Tigers. I don’t like to boast but late 70’s Leicester really was the place to be if you wanted to rub shoulders with greats of the sporting and entertainment worlds!

About as old and tenuous as you can get:
My dad had a work mate who was a friend of Gerry Loftus who wrote football for the Mirror and was TV commentator. Late 50s, early 60s. Gerry lived in Blackpool and obtained for me a pair of boots signed by Stanley Matthews.

I delivered papers to Kenny Clements and he once game me 50p for my Christmas box

I sat behind Paul Dickov at a Bryan Ferry gig at the Lowry which was cool with him being a short arse so my view was not impeded

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.