Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

The problem is, we have to play Leicester twice. Looking out our December fixtures, it is a really tough ask to win all of them.

When is Laporte actually back?

The away game against Leicester will be the end of February (so Laporte will be back and Leicester might not be as hot) while the Dippers go to Leicester on Dec 26. I see that as advantage to us.

Sensible post, except for last line ! Sadly there are some arseholes supporting every Club and generally they are the ones who make the most noise. The Sterling / Gomez incident is a nothing really and should have been kept in house by Southgate. Sterling got it rough yesterday and while I’m surprised he has reacted, it was more passion than méchant imho. Its a sign of the times really that there is more being made by media and supporters about the Sterling/Gomez incident on England duty than the Fabinho/Fernandinho incident during the actual match !!

Most of the ones I have met with regards football are arseholes, that is just my experience. Talk about anything else and things are completely different. This thread proves we have a few ourselves so I concede that point.

So would I but I think Raheem should be the one to make the decision and no one else....I gtt the feeling he loves playing for England at the moment but that could change once the victims have had their say and potentially turn fans against him again.

Would that be the same victims that loudly pronounce they are 'scouse' not 'english' !!!

So they shouldn't be anywhere near the england team then really - fucking cult the lot of them

So he was unprovoked?

Exactly. Do people really think that given the sheer amount of complete and utter unecessary, racist, vitriolic bullshit Raheem's had to endure over the past few years from literally all angles - buillshit he's dealt with impeccably, he'd simply throttle someone unprovoked?

Come on now, surely even the most boss-eyed candle lighter can see that doesn't add up.

What about some context. Raheem was vilified for years on social media and in the tabloids. The campaign was fuelled by Liverpool fans, ex players, and former managers. This witchhunt unsurprisingly became racist and toxic culminating in Raheem being attacked and injured by a far-right thug at our training ground. He was barracked on opposition grounds and some of the abuse was racial (the worst I saw was at Burnley). On Sunday we saw the Liverpool fans continue their hate campaign against Raheem. It was toxic and poisonous and nothing to do with football. We were cheated out of the game and Sterling was denied a blatant penalty. The response of Gomez (his England teammate) was to taunt and mock him. I don't know what happened in the England camp but, by singling him out in public, Southgate has left Raheem out to dry for the haters to pour on him as usual. Sterling needs to walk away from England and we City fans need to close ranks behind him.

Totally agree

looking at their last 7 fixtures, City (a) Villa (h) Brighton (a) Burnley (h) Arsenal (a) Chelsea (h) Newcastle (a) you’d imagine every one of those teams will be scrapping for points be it relegation, for top 4 in Arsenals case & winning the title in ours & Chelseas case. Plenty of opportunities for them to drop points in them games alone. The key for me is to be within 3 points of them after we play them in April, if we can manage that we will win the league. I’m certain of it. Making up the 6 points to be within 3 of them for our game could be difficult though.

Doesn't matter who the Dippers have for their last fixtures. They could have Barca seven times and the refereeing fraternity led by Seńor Lahoz, specially drafted in to fuck Pep over, again, and the way VAR delivers just what Hackers & Coach Wreckers FC would light a candle for, and Klippity is slowly engaging first gear on their open-topped omnibus!

Tempers spoiled over. We all know where this comes from regarding Sterling and the way he has been treated. I fully understand his frustration. Not saying what he did was right.
Sterling has apologised in public, so that’s done and dusted. The whole affair should have been treated better and within the England camp.

Dont agree I think fans of other clubs are more likely to turn against the dippers.....I think more and more fans of other clubs are sick and tired of the love in for the dippers at least in my circle of mates .....Chelsea, gooners, whu all dislike the dippers as much as me....

Indeed. The Dippers are not popular with other fans. They are certainly not popular on BOTH sides of Sheffield. Villa had a remif what they were like the other Saturday as well. There isn't the same love in with Everton either with a growing emnity there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.