And by this i think we all mean longer term injuries not a couple of fucking international friendlies for Egypt and then return.

yes, but would prefer if it was Mané and van dick, those two absentees would see a dip in results

Closing the gap isn’t the priority right now. It’s not a case of them not dropping 9 points over the season, they will, the issue is can we keep pace with them until Christmas before we can reinforce and look to make up the difference.

We’ve played 2 of the so called top 6+ Leicester so far and dropped 11 points, 5 of which was against those 2. We’re coming into a period where our next six league games are Newcastle Burnley and arsenal away and Chelsea United and Leicester at home, that’s about as tough as it gets. Meanwhile in the same time, Liverpool play palace and Bournemouth away(West Ham away postponed) and Brighton Everton and Watford at home. It would take a miracle for us to keep pace with them through that given our respective starts.

It’s too easy to blame var but the truth is our performances haven’t been good enough. var had no impact on us losing to Norwich or wolves which has been costlier than the dropped points because of var decisions going against us.

Closing the gap isn’t the priority right now. It’s not a case of them not dropping 9 points over the season, they will, the issue is can we keep pace with them until Christmas before we can reinforce and look to make up the difference.

We’ve played 2 of the so called top 6+ Leicester so far and dropped 11 points, 5 of which was against those 2. We’re coming into a period where our next six league games are Newcastle Burnley and arsenal away and Chelsea United and Leicester at home, that’s about as tough as it gets. Meanwhile in the same time, Liverpool play palace and Bournemouth away(West Ham away postponed) and Brighton Everton and Watford at home. It would take a miracle for us to keep pace with them through that given our respective starts.

It’s too easy to blame var but the truth is our performances haven’t been good enough. var had no impact on us losing to Norwich or wolves which has been costlier than the dropped points because of var decisions going against us.
Yep, I still can't believe we lost to Norwich what an almighty fuck up that was, just look at their form after our game , think it's LLLLLL, might've been a draw in there but fucking hell they're shit.

If we take our good chances anything is possible.

If we’d taken all or even most of our good chances this season, how bad VAR is would be a side issue.

26 games are left, that's a lot. Dramatic turns can happen over 5-6 games, as experienced first hand in 2012, let alone over 26.

We have a game against Liverpool at home in April. Win that and those 9 points become 6. So, we need to do 6 points better than them over 25 games. If we finish with equal points, chances are we will have superior GD.

Given that the game against them is in April, we will do well to be 6 points off them in March. Then the miracle could happen. So, we need to do 3 points better than them over the next 4-5 months. Not impossible.

Many things have gone in Liverpool's favour so far, especially regarding injuries. Things might change suddenly. Recency bias makes us see ourselves as fragile and Liverpool as a machine that is not likely to drop points. Things might change quickly though.

Someone on an other thread stated along the lines of get Ferdi in his proper position and that would help things and I agree.
So do I.

We had three players available on Sunday that would have made our midfield three the best midfield in world football and we only played one of them in midfield.

So do I.

We had three players available on Sunday that would have made our midfield three the best midfield in world football and we only played one of them in midfield.

Dinho hasn't played many games as a DM since February. It's far from given he would perform better than Rodri. We weren't bad in midfield at all. It's not like we didn't create chances or were dominated by Liverpool. 1st goal was controversial, 3rd goal on Bravo/Angelino/Walker...Our midfield did very well at Anfield, we haven't created so many chances there in ages.

I think it’s more likely that decisions (perhaps again, depending on your thoughts about the 2015-2016 season) start going the way of Leicester, in addition to Liverpool.

That gives “credibility” (former league winning side) and “marketability” (still seen as the plucky underdog but has a decent hold of the Asian market, with still room to grow) to their efforts to make the league more “competitive”.

You make a good point

Obviously it’s possible, as anything is, but from what I have witnessed this year I can’t see it. Time is catching up with some players, bad planning and injuries have killed us.

We need to focus on the two in front of us initially. Leicester have a very nice run of games coming up before they face us.

Id be happy with a cup or two this season, can’t win it every year but if we do I’ll be delighted!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.