Peter Barnes

Anyone remember the football trainer he put his name to? It must have been in the late 70's.

I remember getting one for Christmas, basically consisted of a football and a long piece of elastic which tied around your waste. Absolute crap, but it kept me entertained for a while.

s-l225.jpg

Exactly, I remember his performances for us as a young guy, he was exceptional, some memorable UEFA cup performances, particularly vs AC Milan at Maine Road, he was unplayable that night, magnificent in fact.
And v Standard Liege earlier in the competition the same season. Absolutely ran rings round them in the last 10 minutes to turn a tight 1-0 scoreline into a 4-0 hammering.

My best memory of him was a league match against Chelsea at Maine Road. Seem to remember that the score finished 6-2 in City's favour with Peter being virtually unplayable. On one occasion he flew past the fullback ( think it was Chopper Harris ) then waited for him to catch up before going past him again. Brilliant.

Remember that dink over Jennings as if it was yesterday. Saw it from the back because I was on the far end of the Kippax. He was a very, very exciting player as a youngster but never really lived up to his early promise. He turns up for social events at the Etihad and elsewhere, doesn't he? Cheesey interviews him occasionally, I think. I find it moving that that team, virtually to a man, who were my absolute heroes, seem to care so much about the club and its current fortunes.

Exactly, I remember his performances for us as a young guy, he was exceptional, some memorable UEFA cup performances, particularly vs AC Milan at Maine Road, he was unplayable that night, magnificent in fact.

Yeah, really good at the time. Barnes on the left, Tueart (my pin-up) on the right:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.