Liverpool (a) post-match thread

We had the better of it overall in the 3-0 there in the CL a couple years back too, leaving yourself open to the counter from the best counter attacking team, arguably in Europe, is daft imo, especially when you're missing your best defender.

Are you forgetting the missed offsides and the two stone cold penalties not given in the CL match? "Officiating issues are never far from the surface in our defeats at Anfield.

Are you forgetting the missed offsides and the two stone cold penalties not given in the CL match? "Officiating issues are never far from the surface in our defeats at Anfield.

Not forgetting them at all and I agree with you, the benefit of the doubt only ever seems to go one way at Anfield but that said I still think it's folly to play our normal game against arguably the best counter attacking side around, we're playing right into Klopp's hands.

I thought Guardiola had learned this lesson, obviously he hasn't.

Three days on and all dippers I know have had plenty to say but not as chirpy as I thought, even blue scoucers commented last night that he expected more significant more celebrations.
Years of failure in the premiership have left them scared to dream, some who have gone out of the way to find me to celebrate the Norwich and Wolves defeats have suddenly become normal and rational, plenty thought the second goal would be scrubbed off.
To be honest they have a look of fear in them, more scared of failure to get it over the line.
Think this will be classic if they fail, we might have to accept it may not be our title and chase the cups but Leicester or Chelsea can hunt them down.
Still hoping we can pull it back but injuries and games coming thick and fast, bans bookings and dodgy decisions all stacked against us.
Brendan Rodgers arms folded, better teeth and the premiership trophy at his feet, dippers failed again, City's first chumps trophy the week later after all players back from the turn of the year and sweeping up three cup competitions.- not dreaming just thinking best case scenario for us.

Three days on and all dippers I know have had plenty to say but not as chirpy as I thought, even blue scoucers commented last night that he expected more significant more celebrations.
Years of failure in the premiership have left them scared to dream, some who have gone out of the way to find me to celebrate the Norwich and Wolves defeats have suddenly become normal and rational, plenty thought the second goal would be scrubbed off.
To be honest they have a look of fear in them, more scared of failure to get it over the line.
Think this will be classic if they fail, we might have to accept it may not be our title and chase the cups but Leicester or Chelsea can hunt them down.
Still hoping we can pull it back but injuries and games coming thick and fast, bans bookings and dodgy decisions all stacked against us.
Brendan Rodgers arms folded, better teeth and the premiership trophy at his feet, dippers failed again, City's first chumps trophy the week later after all players back from the turn of the year and sweeping up three cup competitions.- not dreaming just thinking best case scenario for us.
They are still not playing well are they? Despite all the gushing praise in the media any sensible matchgoing fan knows that Sunday was a flattering result for them. City were worth at least a draw. It's like all the praise United got this season after beating Chelsea 4-0. Chelsea battered them and the Rags scored from their only shots. Liverpool can't keep winging it like this. They will have to step up to win this league (as we will) I think it will a close finish and Leicester will also be involved.

Pressure is off us now, let Leicester and Chelsea hunt them down, we'll just sit on the edge waiting.
Only team to stop Liverpool is Liverpool themselves and they will.

I can say I have experienced the same - I work in Liverpool and have witnessed the above you mention.

We played much better on Sunday than we did in the 17/18 season on Anfield where we lost 4:3 and 3:0. We didn't have so many injuries and bad refereeing decisions then too. We haven't regressed, we're just being hampered by injuries and refereeing errors.
Yep, can't argue against the injuries and shit decisions which have gone against us, but put those to one side and how the fuck did we lose to Norwich, injuries or no injuries?

They are still not playing well are they? Despite all the gushing praise in the media any sensible matchgoing fan knows that Sunday was a flattering result for them. City were worth at least a draw. It's like all the praise United got this season after beating Chelsea 4-0. Chelsea battered them and the Rags scored from their only shots. Liverpool can't keep winging it like this. They will have to step up to win this league (as we will) I think it will a close finish and Leicester will also be involved.
1 defeat in 50 league games is fantastic consistency. I know they have had help along the way but winning by hook or by crook is all that counts . We would all swap our impressive possession/shots/corners stats at Anfield for getting battered and winning 1.0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.