Sporting Moment of the Decade

Alex Honnold's free solo climb (no ropes/safety gear) of Yosemite's El Capitan. 3000ft cliff in which one mistake would result in death. First human to achieve it, may never be repeated.
alex-honnold-freerider-free-solo.ngsversion.1496602819017.adapt_.1900.1.jpg

Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson climbing the Dawn Wall (once again in Yosemite). First time the route has been climbed, was deemed impossible for years. Took Tommy 7 years to find a route up the blank section of 3000ft tall granite.
caldwell1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrXQPXGvM58CJoUBPwmOnP4AUi_eAXJmjTzXoJ-uDM54.jpg

These lads really need to find a job.

My 7 year old scored a hatrick for his rugby team in the morning and then a hatrick for his football team in the afternoon last week.

where’s that then Sky? Eh?

Bloody agenda against East Lothian primary aged sports you know.

Miracle of Medinah
Cricket World Cup Final
Aguerooo
Liverpool v Barca

All up there for amazing sporting moments and pretty equal for levels of drama, but i would have to go for the Golf as the length of time the drama went on for was phenomenal. Alternatively i would go for the Cricket as it genuinely united the country in the drama. Football always gets more airtime than anything else so i would like something other than football to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.