UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the two are relatively separate. I'm sure City's lawyers have advised UEFA of their opinions, and this was the reasoning of raising it at CAS - just exploring every avenue. CAS just have no jurisdiction on this yet. I'm sure all sides know the AC's options in this, and this hasn't surprised anyone.
You've lost me friend, what "two things are relatively separate"?

So will city except a fine? If so what if its 50m and its included in ffp?

Personally City shouldn't except any fine or punishment whatsoever! We broke no rules.

If City accept a fine then it is an admission of guilt
As said numerous times in this thread, Khaldoon stated he will not accept any sanction and in one report is this quote

Another email, supposedly from a club lawyer, said City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak would reject the notion of a monetary penalty

for me this was a bluff by manchester city going to the CAS we knew nothing could be done until the ruling body uefa punished us again, so we jumped the gun and took it to CAS knowing uefa would panic and hold court until if they really had something new on us and they had nothing new and city called there bluff

also with the liverpool leaking the deal with manchester city to settle out of court when they was found to be signing into our scouting accounts this was a big deal and holds a lot of power on liverpool with uefa and we really could have took them to the cleaners on this so again if uefa opened up the 2013 investigation, then city could and would have done the same and found some new information in the case and liverpool would be in a deep mess than manchester city

You've lost me friend, what "two things are relatively separate"?

Not my best wording!
I just think the two run in parallel, and aren't reliant on each other.

AC has its process which is known.
CAS has its process which is known.
City's lawyers meddle to try and make either process produce the 'right' outcome.

I think City lawyers knew what the outcome would be at this stage, and believe there was (a) benefit in trying it (b) no loss for trying it.

I think we went to CAS bcoz we felt UEFA was wrong in taking the matter to higher forum and that the lower forum didn't do the job properly.
Cas didn't entertain bcoz they think higher forum can do the job.
Athletic thinks the higher forum won't punish City and their report had nothing to do with CAS instead of they knew higher forum won't punish City.
Ofc Athletic can prove wrong and higher forum can fine and ban us but then again I feel we can go to CAS to appeal the higher forum's decision or to court too take it out completely in a long drawn legal battle.

What is happening might happen is UEFA would want to look good so they will feed anti City bullshit in media ,still continue with reputational damage so that when decision comes out in our favour they can say a country with oil power and unlimited wealth forced and blackmailed UEFA

If they go down this route then it is only heading one way, our owners have always stated that we have done nothing wrong - that stance will not change

Once the decision is made, Our club should categorically state that UEFA are to release a statement, this statement should be written in a clear and concise manner so that it cannot be twisted or interpreted by others to present a different turn of events occurred.

There is no way after us taking this approach that we should even comprehend taking even the smallest fine, let alone allow them to peddle a different story

If City accept a fine then it is an admission of guilt
As said numerous times in this thread, Khaldoon stated he will not accept any sanction and in one report is this quote

Another email, supposedly from a club lawyer, said City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak would reject the notion of a monetary penalty

your right

Khaldoon Al Mubarak said that he and his board are not guilty or any wrong doing and after the fine and squad reduction the case was closed and we took our punishment, and we would fight this new claim all the way and would reject any new punishment as we did not do anything wrong and did not hide any information from FFP and uefa

Some slight backtracking already going on with the article with comments that we might not even get a fine.

This sums up the whole hypocrisy behind FFP.

Why do La Liga/other clubs have a say in an investigation by UEFA on Manchester City financials and its verdict ?

It is easy when you have portrayed someone as the ultimate villain from the get go to feign outrage when they are cleared afterward.

To recommend a fine then they will have had to have found us guilty of something, and if they do, that's when City can go back to CAS, although CAS in their statement said about all other legal avenues. So whether there are other processes which need to be explored first before returning to CAS, I don't know

Yes, basically CAS saying wait for AC verdict, then do the bullshit uefa appeal which you've got more chance of finding a trustworthy dipper than winning and when that appeal is rejected then bring it back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.