Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Southgate doesn't like Sterling?

When Southgate arrived, Sterling hadn't scored in 18 England games and was playing poorly, with no confidence, missing tap ins regularly and the senior players in the squad thought he needed dropping for his own sake, off the back of being (unfairly) the most hated England player since Beckham in 98.

He then played him for 19 more games without Sterling managing a goal, called him up to every single squad he was manager for, starting him in almost every game until Sterling finally had his big breakthrough against Spain and has started repaying him back with goals and assists galore.

If Gareth Southgate didn't like Sterling, he wouldn't have endured 2 years of performances that were well below his club level as he built up his confidence again in an England shirt, he wouldn't have made Sterling part of England's leadership group, and he wouldn't have made him captain against the Netherlands.

I don't think he's handled this brilliantly, but if you're trying to argue Southgate doesn't like Sterling you're a tin foil hat wearing "9/11-was-an-inside-job" type conspiracy theorist.

Raz was involved in 9/11!

Someone get the Liverpool Echo on the phone.

Gomez probably did need consoling for the boos. I don't understand why some people on here think that because Sterling was not protected early in his career that now future young players have to suffer injustices that he did.

Sterling has said very clearly that Gomez did nothing wrong, and he shouldn't be booed for it. Raheem should never have been booed himself, and people should have called it out at the time, but maybe one of the reasons Southgate and the squad are criticising this so much is because they know what it did to Sterling (because he's there, in the leadership group and has told them) and won't let it happen again to another young player who doesn't deserve it.
Rooney,kane,southgate,none stood up for raz,it was down to pep to call him before he was even our manager and had to pick him up,fuck 'em coming over all concerned for a few boo's last night

Rooney,kane,southgate,none stood up for raz,it was down to pep to call him before he was even our manager and had to pick him up,fuck 'em coming over all concerned for a few boo's last night

So your solution to Sterling not being protected when he needed it 2 years ago is for every future young player to not get the protection Sterling should have had? They all just need to get unfairly booed and no one can stick up for them?

Beyond pathetic. And clearly not what Sterling wants either because hes been trying for 2 years to stop younger players going through what he did in the past.

So your solution to Sterling not being protected when he needed it 2 years ago is for every future young player to not get the protection Sterling should have had? They all just need to get unfairly booed and no one can stick up for them?

Beyond pathetic. And clearly not what Sterling wants either because hes been trying for 2 years to stop younger players going through what he did in the past.
Make that 4 yrs ago,someone needs to ask why southgate didn't protect raz but he has turned some handbags into a national diaster and is offering gomez and his family support! i mean just what the fuck,he is a dipper,raz left the dippers,it's not difficult to work out is it

Exactly.
Did kane speak up for Raheem when he got beat up before the City spurs match a couple of years ago ?? No...he tried to maim him along with fellow england and spurs team mate deli 'useless " Ali.
In fact..did ANY other opposing player speak up for Raheem when he became the only player to be both physically and racially abused before a match ,that i,m aware of..,.no,not a peep from anybody.Just a good thing Sterling put it to the back of his mind,went out and scored two goals and put in a man of the match performance in our 4-1 win....this in the days before Var unduly influenced matches against a team with a great new ground but sinking fast towards the bottom of the league...

I don't think it's known.
My assumption is that it got to a journalist from one of the 40+ people around the squad or people connected to them, and that journalist contacted the FA for a comment (from the first reports, it looks like the Times, who are about the most likely to contact the FA before publishing. The FA found themselves in a corner and made a public statement.

Thanks for that, guess it's nigh on impossible to keep anything in house these days.

Exactly.
Did kane speak up for Raheem when he got beat up before the City spurs match a couple of years ago ?? No...he tried to maim him along with fellow england and spurs team mate deli 'useless " Ali.
In fact..did ANY other opposing player speak up for Raheem when he became the only player to be both physically and racially abused before a match ,that i,m aware of..,.no,not a peep from anybody.Just a good thing Sterling put it to the back of his mind,went out and scored two goals and put in a man of the match performance in our 4-1 win....this in the days before Var unduly influenced matches against a team with a great new ground but sinking fast towards the bottom of the league...

Yeah, and I then I'd need to have some sympathy for Gomez. Do I fuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.