Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Southgate doesn't like Sterling?

When Southgate arrived, Sterling hadn't scored in 18 England games and was playing poorly, with no confidence, missing tap ins regularly and the senior players in the squad thought he needed dropping for his own sake, off the back of being (unfairly) the most hated England player since Beckham in 98.

He then played him for 19 more games without Sterling managing a goal, called him up to every single squad he was manager for, starting him in almost every game until Sterling finally had his big breakthrough against Spain and has started repaying him back with goals and assists galore.

If Gareth Southgate didn't like Sterling, he wouldn't have endured 2 years of performances that were well below his club level as he built up his confidence again in an England shirt, he wouldn't have made Sterling part of England's leadership group, and he wouldn't have made him captain against the Netherlands.

I don't think he's handled this brilliantly, but if you're trying to argue Southgate doesn't like Sterling you're a tin foil hat wearing "9/11-was-an-inside-job" type conspiracy theorist.

How much and how frequently was Raz “booed” in all the games you mentioned?

And how often did GS condemn the “booers”.

Answers are “all” and “none” approximately I think

Come on City

Last edited:
Sterling was booed and jeered by England fans for ages and many cheered when he was substituted. I do not condone Gomez getting stick but in spite of Sterlings statement he did nothing wrong I'm not sure I or many other fans believe that. He was giving it the big one right in Sterling's face when backed up by the vermin cult at Anfield, words were said. Even if he did nothing, which I find hard to believe, when with England, it was clear Sterling was calling him out for events at the Liverpool game. I do agree though it is that knob Southgate should be getting the stick.
All fair points that I would agree with. I may have worded my post poorly.

There is a reason they are ‘Scouse and not English’. Even more so now.

Because of the Sterling issue I have seen my arse and did not watch last night...however...

I am sorry to hear Gomez was booed, I dont think it was right at all. I do think there was more to it though than the dreadfully handled business between him and Sterling. I think the lad probably copped it because its far from just City fans who are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the absolutely clear bias and pandering to Liverpool and thier fans. The constant refereeing decision Var, the fans behaviour and the barely hidden agenda from the media and the Premier league to hand the title to Liverpool before a ball was kicked this season. I think the booing was a general message that Gomez copped for.

Gomez apart from playing for that bunch of twats doesnt really deserve the hate. He looks a good player to me and could be a fantastic defender for England.

As for the incident itself whatever happened would have been nothing different than happens at training sessions of football clubs at every level of football. It does not matter whos fault it was. Its sorted in the dressing room and quickly forgotten and all is well, until someone else kicks off. Thats football. I am willing to bet not a single person on here who has played the game from Sunday level upwards for any amount of time has not witnessed the same thing and quite probably been involved in one.

Why this one was handled so badly is beyond me.

I think Southgate needs to have a good think about it as does the captain who comes across as a bit of drip sometimes, he needs to sharpen up.

Because of the Sterling issue I have seen my arse and did not watch last night...however...

I am sorry to hear Gomez was booed, I dont think it was right at all. I do think there was more to it though than the dreadfully handled business between him and Sterling. I think the lad probably copped it because its far from just City fans who are absolutely sick to the back teeth of the absolutely clear bias and pandering to Liverpool and thier fans. The constant refereeing decision Var, the fans behaviour and the barely hidden agenda from the media and the Premier league to hand the title to Liverpool before a ball was kicked this season. I think the booing was a general message that Gomez copped for.

Gomez apart from playing for that bunch of twats doesnt really deserve the hate. He looks a good player to me and could be a fantastic defender for England.

As for the incident itself whatever happened would have been nothing different than happens at training sessions of football clubs at every level of football. It does not matter whos fault it was. Its sorted in the dressing room and quickly forgotten and all is well, until someone else kicks off. Thats football. I am willing to bet not a single person on here who has played the game from Sunday level upwards for any amount of time has not witnessed the same thing and quite probably been involved in one.

I think Southgate needs to have a good think about it as does the captain who comes across as a bit of drip sometimes, he needs to sharpen up.

Bang on. Southgate and his staff have cocked this up to a level a pub team manager wouldn't, it is an embarrassment. Sterling put before some sort of kangaroo court, made to apologise, dropped and the whole shit show drip fed to the media. With friends like that lot who needs enemies?

Bang on. Southgate and his staff have cocked this up to a level a pub team manager wouldn't, it is an embarrassment. Sterling put before some sort of kangaroo court, made to apologise, dropped and the whole shit show drip fed to the media. With friends like that lot who needs enemies?

Just shows what a pathetic manager Southgaterelly is and what a piss poor organisation the FA really is.

It's no wonder that so many couldn't give a tuck about the England team .

Perhaps if Gomez hadn't behaved like a fucking arsehole in front of the Scouse twats and his crowing dipper team mates , there would have been no incident at England hq.

Just shows what a pathetic manager Southgaterelly is and what a piss poor organisation the FA really is.

Actually I disagree with regard to Southgate. I think he has done well as an England manager. After all he has taken us to the semi final of the last two competitions we have been in. No other England manager has managed that.

No question he has dropped a truly ridiculous bollock and as paulchapo very rightly says would not have been made by a Sunday pub team manager. I think perhaps he is an FA yes man and you are spot on with regards to the FA. They are a joke but they have been for years.

Yes when he was first appointed I thought he was yet another yes man, a safe clean cut don't rock the boat moron. Then he seemed a bit braver, had his own mind. Now I'm afraid my initial thoughts were correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.