UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Conn is almost certainly correct that the case will go before the AC in December but that far from meaning that consideration of a verdict/punishment only begins then. This is a highly sensitive question and the consequences for both City and UEFA could be immense and long lasting. Whether its horse trading, plea bargaining it will be going on and it should go on.

PB has shown yet more serious faults in UEFA's case and also the implication of officials who can hardly be other than hostile to City. One of these officials is closely connected to a club involved in hacking our data bases. I think you are right, PB, that City do want to end all the nonsense Liverpool are involved in and I suspect, as a result, City will be exonerated, Parry will be quietly kicked out and Liverpool be warned that Spygate and anything else Liverpool may have been involved in, can be used against them in court, if necessary.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that so many threads are coming together and I think City would be happy with such an outcome because, after all, City's business is football not revolution.

We have to go for the kill, if we have the cards use them, shame them & finish them!

Does anyone else just hanker for the days when all we had to defend was the fact we had three stars above our eagle for 'decorative' reasons?
To be honest, I couldn't figure out why we had the eagle (I know the story now). It should have been a pigeon. But that's an argument for another day...

Sam Lee said on the podcast with Ahsan that the AC has been looking at this the whole time the IC's decision was being fought over at CAS
That makes sense. A literal reading of his article is that the IC has deposited its evidence and come December the AC will pick it up and review it. For the Athletic to be right then it must have discussed subsequent to the IC referral. I know these things are basic things. Perhaps Conn chose just to report the known facts and timeline and deliberately kept out of the speculation.

The CAS seems to have been a cursory dismissal rather than a discussion.

I think UEFA has reassessed its position subsequent to the IC referral but I base that solely on the Athletic's report. It's encouraging that none of the other journalists with axes to grind have refuted this claim...yet.

Last edited:
Even BBC radio Manchester, you know, our local station, failed to go into any kind of detail as to why it “failed” and what it all actually means truthfully, pretty bad really that even they are happy to go along the sensationalist line.
The key term there is 'BBC'. Establishment broadcasting.

And that is precisely what makes me twitchy. In the last decade we have cost the PL old guard (the rags, the dippers and the Arse, primarily) a small fortune. Not only have we robbed them of trophies and prestige in equal measure, but also bucketloads of cash as we have qualified for the CL several times directly at one of theirs expense. Given the bitter rhetoric that has come out of Tebas and JW Henry in the none too distant past, I'm loathe to believe they're going to let UEFA pass up this one time opportunity to nobble us. Much as I want to believe Sam Lee's version of future events, I'm not going to allow myself to in advance of the actual event, partly because the thought of worsting them is so delicious. If we ever get to the point where we serve Delaney, Lipton and Harris with a writ, I might just wet myself
If the CAS and UEFA AC is a genuine evidence-based process, last chances and motive wont count.

The key term there is 'BBC'. Establishment broadcasting.
City's CAS referral failed. It failed on a technicality. I think we are being over-sensitive in respect of that.

I was disappointed that CAS has ruled it inadmissible after such a long time. You'd think such a review or decision would be made at the outset.

Another way of looking at it - if CAS had upheld our appeal, we would have faced the accusation 'Well, you only got off on a technicality because UEFA cocked up'. In any case, we want to win the case on the facts - not a technicality. Khaldoon is so right on this point.
Does the background make much difference?

You reckon our media is going to exonerate City and apologise if UEFA do so? No they will say FFP is broke, and City's money held sway. UEFA have been bought etc etc.

All that matters is that City survive relatively unscathed so we can continue to fight on the pitch.

My hope is we get through without a ban, and that Liverpool then come under scrutiny through Spygate.

We have to go for the kill, if we have the cards use them, shame them & finish them!
It's City that are under investigation. We are not in a position to finish anyone.

We may have information, and proof but who regulates and controls football? The Premier League, the FA, UEFA etc. It's self-regulated. It's not easy bringing these people to account.

Look at Spygate. Those are incredible allegations. Only one British newspaper is following the story. I'd love to be able to turn the tables on them but it's not so easy. As Pep points out, LFC, MUFC, Arsenal, barcelona, Real madrid have been controlling football for 40 years. The institutions of football have been built by them, and are staffed by them and the media are in their pockets.

I can accept the use of the word 'failure' as we appealed to CAS but failed to have that appeal heard.

What I have been challenging is the use of words like 'lost'. That suggests we appealed, the case was heard and our arguments were rejected in favour of those of our opponents. If you lose an appeal then you can't go back to the same body with the same appeal whereas we are quite at liberty to return to CAS once the Adjudicatory Chamber has formally made its decision.

Its the same as Dupont's case against FFP, which many media commentators said he'd "lost". No he hadn't. The case was about the competency of the Belgian & European courts to hear the case, not the case itself.

Thats s good analogy with the DuPont case.

It’s semantics but I don’t even accept the word “failure”. To me CAS have just said you’ve jumped the gun come back later if you need to. That’s a delay. We knew they would say that it was a warning to UEFA.

Another way of looking at it - if CAS had upheld our appeal, we would have faced the accusation 'Well, you only got off on a technicality because UEFA cocked up'. In any case, we want to win the case on the facts - not a technicality. Khaldoon is so right on this point.
I'm going to be a pedant & pick you up on terminology. CAS never heard our appeal but stated that the UEFA Adjudicatory chamber was the competent body to complete the process, rather than them.

However I do agree that there's a large element of truth in what you said as I think UEFA would have been quite happy for CAS to throw the whole investigation out as that left them looking like the injured party and us with mud still sticking to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.