Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

To be honest, I’m not really that bothered about Sterling being booed at Anfield. They obviously think it works, but I thought he was one of our better players the other week, and on another day, could easily have scored, or assisted for a penalty.

He’s not the first player to be booed (Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Adebayor) and he certainly won’t be the last.

However, what I still find irritating, (and I’ve never seen this explained or justified) is why Sterling was booed on his City debut at the Hawthorns on the opening day of 15/16.

I remember him being slaughtered by ex-Liverpool players throughout that summer, but I don’t recall the West Brom fans booing Rooney for leaving Everton, or even Barry for walking out of Villa for City.
It was certainly nothing to do with his England form, because he had been one of the few players to return from the 2014 World Cup with his reputation intact.

This farce continued throughout his first season, but what exactly had Sterling done to upset West Brom or come to think of it, Bournemouth and Newcastle?

To be honest, I’m not really that bothered about Sterling being booed at Anfield. They obviously think it works, but I thought he was one of our better players the other week, and on another day, could easily have scored, or assisted for a penalty.

He’s not the first player to be booed (Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, Adebayor) and he certainly won’t be the last.

However, what I still find irritating, (and I’ve never seen this explained or justified) is why Sterling was booed on his City debut at the Hawthorns on the opening day of 15/16.

I remember him being slaughtered by ex-Liverpool players throughout that summer, but I don’t recall the West Brom fans booing Rooney for leaving Everton, or even Barry for walking out of Villa for City.
It was certainly nothing to do with his England form, because he had been one of the few players to return from the 2014 World Cup with his reputation intact.

This farce continued throughout his first season, but what exactly had Sterling done to upset West Brom or come to think of it, Bournemouth and Newcastle?
During the 70's and 80's a lot of fans had the Dipper's as their second team (I never understood this), and maybe it's a hangover from that?

https://footballisfixed.blogspot.com/2019/11/how-many-people-own-slice-of-southgate.html

Intresting bit of background here.

This week a reserve team player who has played barely 90 minutes for his club this season and who hadn't played for his country for thirteen months achieved wall-to-wall mainstream media coverage over an incident as inconsequential as you might wish to create, so minor that even his own club and international team-mates say that this is commonplace in football and should be kept within the squad circle and not aired publicly.

But aired publicly it was, ad fucking nauseum.

The booing started at the Ireland vs England game in Dublin whilst he was still a Liverpool player, obviously the dipper influence there. It simply became a copy cat.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/32949838

Raheem Sterling also had an ineffective afternoon and could not escape his contract issues at Liverpool either, with some fans booing him until he was replaced midway through the second half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.