Anyone prefer being alone?

I think I would be useless on my own, i've been with my missus since i was 16 and we have both just turned 50.

Forgot about this thread, but this has cheered me up this evening. Asked a while back on these boards whether starting to feel happier being single is a bit odd (bearing in mind I do love female company)...and it appears I'm quite normala afterall. I love talking to women at the gym but not wishing to take it any further (I'm not in a position where I can carry a relationship off at the moment anyway). I've always been very domesticated having cooked and cleaned for the best part of my adult family life (it probably wouldn't have got done). Be nice, one day, if someone cooked for me on the odd occasion. Not out of hunger/can't be arsed cooking myself, more for the gesture.

Not wanting to know your age Zin, but is your missus a fair bit younger? One or two at the gym I chat to that are way younger than me and I often consider what it would be like on a relationship level (just those fleeting moments chatting nicely makes my day, especially after years of a toxic, cold relationship) - wondering how many cultural references they miss, or actually that doesn't really matter. Aside from the sex, I do miss catching up Netflix boxsets with someone...

Depends what you would define as ‘fair’.... I have 12 years on her and fortunate to look a great deal younger than I am (which I know won’t last forever)...

Tbh I’m just happy being me, those will think there is more to it, commitment, afraid bla bla bla, the truth is, if we were all the same it would be a very dull world indeed... it’s like this, how often do you renew your phone contract? Well I’m due an upgrade, like I said ‘pimping ain’t easy’...

Be yourself, pal, trying to conform will hinder you long term if it isn’t in your make up, not everybody can be great husbands/wives, mummy and daddies, however, we can all be decent members of society

giphy.gif

Depends what you would define as ‘fair’.... I have 12 years on her and fortunate to look a great deal younger than I am (which I know won’t last forever)...

Tbh I’m just happy being me, those will think there is more to it, commitment, afraid bla bla bla, the truth is, if we were all the same it would be a very dull world indeed... it’s like this, how often do you renew your phone contract? Well I’m due an upgrade, like I said ‘pimping ain’t easy’...

Be yourself, pal, trying to conform will hinder you long term if it isn’t in your make up, not everybody can be great husbands/wives, mummy and daddies, however, we can all be decent members of society

giphy.gif

Good post mate. I've probably tried to conform all my life, but mainly to try and draw even less attention to my self. There's been times over the years growing up I'd struggle to make eye contact. How I mananged to make friends and get laid I'll never know (clue...alcohol). As I said in another thread, following a breakdown (which is probably best described in terms of a computer reboot/reinstall) I eventually, finally, found this 'not-give-a-fuckery' attitude, albeit in a polite, compassionate manner. A freedom...an emancipation from a closed off self. Becoming 'me' basiscally. I bet there's some good zen buddhism to explain this better. Entering places like a boxer entering a prize fight (but without the aggression) or having a sense that nothing should be deemded too embarrassing (within a certin scope)...share and embrace the mirth. Not quite sure I'm 100% happy in my own skin, but I'm closer than ever. Heck, I've considered signing up for a nude drawing class (as the subject) just to push some more boundaries. Yoga's good for that....you're putting yourself in some rather 'honest' positions with a bunch of strangers.

That age difference isn't much mate. The reason I ask is I've got more than a few nod ons from women far younger than me (at 46) but again, I'm pretty certain I look far younger than that and have never been in better shape (young at heart helps...). Perhaps they'd end up as nothing more than some mutual fun, but I think I'm probably due a bit of that...if I can remember how to do it...

Thanks for posting...and good luck with future upgrades (the cameras on the the latest batch of phones are ace...just sayin')!

I dreamt about me and worsley last night except i was taylor swift and he was the rich kid out of TOWIE and we were at a posh ball and were then snogging in a warehouse,welcome to my mind lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.