Annual report released - record turnover of £535.2m for 2018/19

Our books are gonna look absolutely crazy if it includes next period £100m plus for Sane and £65m for Puma!

We will be closer to £700m than £600m?
Given the positions we need to buy for in the next few windows that Sane money will likely be spent a few times over.

Over the next two summers we'll be looking to replace Sane, Otamendi, (maybe) David Silva, Aguero, and will likely need cover in midfield as Fernandinho departs.

It's already started:-

Manchester City say they have posted “record revenues of £535.2 million, the eleventh consecutive year of growth under the ownership of His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed.”

5:11 am - 19 Nov 2019

5 replies .4 retweets7 likes

1. New conversation

2. Razman‏ @razman14 29m29 minutes ago
      Replying to @tariqpanja
      Was that hard to type ?

1 reply .0 retweets0 likes

3. tariq panja‏Verified account @tariqpanja 24m24 minutes ago
      No. Most of it was copy + paste

0 replies .0 retweets4 likes

End of conversation

1. EPL Football Talk‏ @PLfootballtalk 28m28 minutes ago
      Replying to @tariqpanja
      All above the board for sure

0 replies .0 retweets1 like

1. New conversation

2. Eggy‏ @TheBoiledEgg 22m22 minutes ago
      Replying to @tariqpanja
      530 of that was payment to themselves

1 reply .0 retweets1 like
    3. 1 more reply

1. philweb‏ @philweb11 3m3 minutes ago
      Replying to @tariqpanja
      Nobody other than City fans and of course PL believe it, most of it via inflated sponsorship deals via the Sheik

0 replies .0 retweets0 likes

1. johncolf‏ @Johncolf 20m20 minutes ago
      Replying to @tariqpanja
      Who’s doing their tax returns Gary Barlow , don’t believe such a smallish club with a shite fan base can rack up that much revenue

0 replies .0 retweets0 likes
Absolutely brilliant. Do the morons tweeting that stuff actually believe what they are saying or are they just ignorant and/or bitter.

I don’t think it’s that. I think he’s making the point that we are so far past that period in our evolution and 5 years of profits mean we don’t even need to discuss it any more.

That's how I read it. "FFP? Not a problem any more, not worth mentioning."
I think with the close comparison and timing to the Utd figures, it's admiration at a proper business plan (if maybe begrudging!)

When the EUFA bother is concluded and we start on suing the media for the damage they have done to “The Brand”,compensation from Littlewoods for the law-breaking hacking, I think that the Kitty will be over-flowing next year.

This would obviously be offset somewhat by Commercial bonuses, additional Broadcast Revenue, and Prize Money - but fuck me that's a lot of money.

Some of those contingents will be for things like if Aguero, Sterling or KDB are named Ballon d'Or etc so probably impossible to ever have to pay that full amount out (only one can actually win).

From a purely Financial point of view, I imagine its probably better off being runner up in each competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.