Ceefax being closed

DT King of all Geordies

The BBC are closing the red button text service in the new year. My mum is devastated as she does not have the internet. She finds it great for sport and news. Apparently it is part of saving costs at the BBC. The BBC are saying that you can watch news 24 but that is unlikely to show all the sports news.

A ridiculous decision.

A very sizeable portion of the population doesn't use the internet , the BBC knows this.

It's just change for the sake of change.

"Count Binface has vowed to bring back Ceefax if he beats Boris Johnson in Uxbridge and South Ruislip"

She should be a Supporter of the monster raving looney party

BBC news channel on free to air, for news, also
Sky news is on my freeview channels as well,it's a pain for older people and us technophobes when things move on but there are always other ways to get info these days
OP give her a basic tablet with the news and sports on it,she might enjoy being able to look around on it

Sky news is on my freeview channels as well,it's a pain for older people and us technophobes when things move on but there are always other ways to get info these days
OP give her a basic tablet with the news and sports on it,she might enjoy being able to look around on it
We discussed tablets but then she does not have broadband so that would be an expense for her.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.