Aguero injury - Silver lining for Jesus ?

Marvin

We don't know yet how long Aguero will be out for. Hopefully not long.

Aguero's goals are so reliable that it is almost impossible to leave him out, but I feel that if we were to give Jesus a run in the side he might offer even more to the side than Aguero. I have never seem a striker with such quick feet as Jesus. He can take the ball in really tight positions and control the ball, and you just don't know how he does it. He is quicker than Aguero. Much quicker, which means the through ball becomes an option, and he can also play wide which means he might be a better partner for Sterling who could also be very threatening playing down the middle.

A lot of outside observers seem to think that City are very reliant on Aguero but I think if you gave Jesus a run he would outscore Aguero. Jesus is quite a different type of forward to Aguero. He doesn't have his strength, and maybe he doesn't have his goal instinct, but technically he is one of the best players I have ever seen.

I hope Aguero is not badly injured, but if he is out for a few weeks this actually may work in our favour, as I feel all Jesus needs is a run in the side.

I'd also start playing Foden too.

Last 20 minutes I loved watching Foden and Jesus harry the entire Chelsea back-line and prevent them from building up play. Defending from the front is potentially a big part of Guardiola's game plan, and David Silva and AGuero don't do it very well. Foden and Jesus are on a different level.

Regardless of injury, I'm feeling that this is Foden and Jesus's time. You may disagree. But it is very good for City fans that City have two players who I feel are almost certain to be able to fill Aguero and SIlva's shoes when the time comes. That time is very close indeed.

Foden would have a field day against that rag midfield, they wouldn't be able to get close to him. He really gives some drive and energy that unfortunately Dave has lost due to time finally catching up with him.
I am now firmly of the opinion that Foden should be starting. Every time he plays, he's outstanding. Aguero is still very good. The case for Jesus is less clear-cut, but I think all he needs is a regular run of games. He's never had it, but his potential is incredible.

No.

Jesus is a good player, great at holding up the ball, and better than Serge at pressing. But his finishing is nowhere near as good as Sergio's which is why Sergio will be a big loss.

Edit: To make clear, the original title was called something like 'Will Aguero's injury help us?' so my response is to that

Last edited:
I cant see how losing our best center forward could work to our advantage add in sterling is 1 booking off a ban and will get banned no doubt we are down to the bear bones.
It could if it means Jesus takes advantage. When he first came into the side he was as good if not better than Kun, and I think it would help Sterling as the two can interchange. Sterling could play down the middle in my opinion and that's easier to facilitate if we have Jesus starting.

We could in the next month get a glimpse of our future in Foden and Jesus.

No.

Jesus is a good player, great at holding up the ball, and better than Serge at pressing. But his finishing is nowhere near as good as Sergio's which is why Sergio will be a big loss.
Aguero misses quite a few chances too you know. Not knocking him. He's a legend and he'll be back, but I don't think it is appreciated how good Jesus can be. This maybe his chance to remind football what a talent he is.

Sergios finishing in the last month or so has been anything but clinical.

But do you judge him on the past month or what he's done the past decade?

Every time Sergio has had a bad patch (and I wouldn't even call it that bar his usual poor game at Anfield - for me, he's had a couple of really good games in that time), he comes back and proves that his goalscoring ability is one of the best there's ever been in this country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.