Shakhtar Donetsk (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that’s pretty much our line-up in the prem. It’s not gonna happen tomorrow. Pep has to rest key players ahead of saturday if we’re to keep up with liverpool.

Garcia and Otamendi wouldn’t surprise me.
And probably Walker, Angelino and Gundogan.
And Bernardo (thanks FA!). I would like Garcia, Angelino, Foden and Doyle to start as attitude counts for so much and they'd be well up for it. Put Jesus at the sharp end and I reckon we'll be on fire. Could play Rodri. I don't believe he had cramp. I think that was just Pep protecting him.

Could be an exciting game as Shakhtar may need to win

Doyle was talking about preparations for the EDS match in the Afternoon. I think that means he will not be playing in the match tomorrow night.
Thanks. Also found this in the MEN which gives the training squad:

Keepers: Ederson, Bravo, Carson

Defenders: Walker, Angelino, Mendy, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi, Garcia

Midfielders: Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Silva

Forwards: Sterling, Mahrez, Garre, Jesus

Nothing on sale in EL3 or SS3, only CB3, and 1 block in lower tier CB.
Looking at the planner I think the crowd will be around 52,000. That was the biggest crowd I was ever in at Maine Road when we beat Everton in the FA cup in 1981.

Thanks. Also found this in the MEN which gives the training squad:

Keepers: Ederson, Bravo, Carson

Defenders: Walker, Angelino, Mendy, Cancelo, Fernandinho, Stones, Otamendi, Garcia

Midfielders: Gundogan, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden, Silva

Forwards: Sterling, Mahrez, Garre, Jesus
You could have found that in the this thread if you'd looked.

If the website is showing what is actually left, its only a couple of hundred in CB3 (only 4 in the lower 2 tiers).

I strongly suspect they won't have sold any in the away section of SS2 or SS3 though, but even if not it should be around 50k.

Away section of SS3 went on sale to home fans sometime over the weekend mate. 1 seat left in block 313. Away section of SS2 was on sale last week and sold out. Just a few hundred left in CB3 now. With the small number of away fans in the ground and the rest of the away section going on sale to home fans, this could be close to the biggest number of City fans we’ve ever had for a home European game.

Think Pep plays strongest team and rests players against Newcastle, if needed. I think winning the group and getting the Group Stage behind him is his priority. If we can’t beat Newcastle at home with the squad, then we don’t deserve to be in contention of the League!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.