If we could win the league this season

We’ll fight to the end,
We’ll fight to the end...

We’re Man City
We’ll fight to the end!

Id take the CL and 2nd place right now. First CL in the bag and Pot 1 again next season!

I don't rate Rodrigo as a one man defensive midfield especially with Laporte not behind him, hence pep moving KDB back to help him out, it may look like KDB is not performing this season, this is why, unless Rod clicks or Fern is moved back, top four and a cup is it, which would be good, hope I'm wrong but this is what I see every game, i feel better with Gundo at the back of midfield and never thought I'd say that.

I’ve made my peace with the thought of Liverpool winning it this year.
There’s a sad inevitability about it all.
That said, if this team somehow pulled it out of the bag then it’d top all seasons bar the Aguero one. Nothing has ever before or since given me the natural high I felt when that goal went in. I doubt I’ll ever feel it again.

Vinnie's goal got pretty close last season.

Nothing will ever resonate quite like that Aguero moment but I hope we can have some more moments that are mega (natural) highs.

Vinnie's goal got pretty close last season.

Nothing will ever resonate quite like that Aguero moment but I hope we can have some more moments that are mega (natural) highs.

Spuds in the CL came close, initially it was there, up with the best ever then in moments it was gone.

That was a massive downer

I don't rate Rodrigo as a one man defensive midfield especially with Laporte not behind him, hence pep moving KDB back to help him out, it may look like KDB is not performing this season, this is why, unless Rod clicks or Fern is moved back, top four and a cup is it, which would be good, hope I'm wrong but this is what I see every game, i feel better with Gundo at the back of midfield and never thought I'd say that.

I been saying the same about Rodrigo for a while, too slow for me in terms of actual pace and then his distribution going forward.

I now labelled as having a grudge against him, whatever.

I hope this is just first season settling in and I believe the injuries do not help

If we don't win it the only thing that could boil their piss anywhere as close would de deluded Brendan lifting it with Leicester

I been saying the same about Rodrigo for a while, too slow for me in terms of actual pace and then his distribution going forward.

I now labelled as having a grudge against him, whatever.

I hope this is just first season settling in and I believe the injuries do not help

Both Rodri & KDB performed very well early in the season until got injured. We need to be patient with Rodri as he needs time to learn the role, and he will come good in time. KDB moving deeper is not to help Rodri, but due to a change in shape from our usual 4-3-3 to a 4-2-3-1. This happens when D.Silva plays, as the coaching staff discovered a decline in his physical stats at the end of the 17/18 season, so Silva now plays higher up the pitch to save his energy(https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...a-bristling-best-nice-guy-act-falls-flat.html).

Rodris seemingly average performances vs Lpool & Chelsea are due to him recovering his fitness, & structural issues with our midfield, like D.Silvas declining ability to press etc. Midfield analysis on the Chelsea game here by Michael Cox from the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/1408364/201...ea-tactics/?amp#click=https://t.co/HYH0X88i6S

Last edited:
Of course it would be exceptional, but Pep has provided much-needed perspective and context today.

We will be coming in close to 90 plus points again and I have a real feeling this could be another momentous season.

By that I mean, retaining the FA Cup and League Cup, in addition to the Champions League.

Our key components will all be ready to go when the Champions League for real starts again.

To be brutally honest, we should have won it last season and both Pep and the players know it.

I agree Tolm but we still have a huge problem at LB..

2 seasons ago I would have been gutted loosing Aguero for a few weeks but now not that bothered as we score all over the pitch.

Getting players back in tip top condition will give us that edge in Feb-April time.

I want to see Foden & 1 other either Garcia or THB come in during the next month or so.

Get Zinchenko back as definately our best option but we have to take care of Kev, Dino & Sterling.

Laporte & Leroy will be like winning the lottery if we are in League Cup final & later stages of FA cup.

Put it to bed tonight & that's that sorted till Feb, just get a decent draw in last 16.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.