Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

very tough hard thought game and won and can not ask for nothing more really, well maybe to turn VAR off

rodri silva aguero all picking up something and silva and rodri looks like cramp so that ok, but aguero pulled up so maybe another one to the list of this season nightmare injuries. but i have to give credit to chelsea they come and played, and when they beat our press we was wide open and they looked good on the break, and for the first time pep was out played in the middle of the park and the stats shown it

playing just rodri in the hold role was hard work for him after just coming back after injury maybe we should have played Gundogan with him and leave silva on the bench. but we won so am picking little bits that are now meaningless, but again the officials was shocking and VAR well what more can be said and clearly cheating by pin pointing everything city do. everything is under the microscope with city and VAR, watched a lot football this season and its only the city games that every goal is checked and checked again and again ?

From a Chelsea perspective, I think Kovacic is transformed from last season. All the recent plaudits have been for Pulisic, but Kovacic really impressed me, first half especially.

I also liked how once they had gained possession, they attacked as a unit from midfield, knowing Kante, the machine, would be there to mop up.

Really like Abraham, he just needs more playing time to mature even more.

At the back though, I've never and will never rate Zouma. When he went to Stoke on loan, I thought that type of footie was his level. Even on Sunday, when under pressure he was lumping it. Not a player for Lampard's style, for me.

Kante, yet again, just beggars belief. What a player and such a humble and happy lad. Love watching him play.

Due to the transfer ban, they can't sign anyone for a while; unfortunate for them as a new centre-half and striker and they would be serious contenders.

That's fine while they are in the squad but I think players that are living legends need to move on before they get too far from their peak. Vinnie's exit was pretty much a fairy tale ending.
Have no disagreement there.

From a Chelsea perspective, I think Kovacic is transformed from last season. All the recent plaudits have been for Pulisic, but Kovacic really impressed me, first half especially.

I also liked how once they had gained possession, they attacked as a unit from midfield, knowing Kante, the machine, would be there to mop up.

At the back though, I've never and will never rate Zouma. When he went to Stoke on loan, I thought that type of footie was his level. Even on Sunday, when under pressure he was lumping it. Not a player for Lampard's style, for me.

Kante, yet again, just beggars belief. What a player and such a humble and happy lad. Love watching him play.

Due to the transfer ban, they can't sign anyone for a while; unfortunate for them as a new centre-half and striker and they would be serious contenders.
If footie fans were given one vote as to their favourite player from another team I would be amazed if Kante didn’t win by a landslide. Fantastic player and comes across as such a wonderfully humble bloke. (Note to self, remember to back him to score against us next time!)

Nope. No need to lie. I wanted them all to be backups by end of last season. No one defeats age. They won't either.

You can still love them, bit Dave is not the player he was 3 years ago. That Dave would run rings around the present one.
Ha i do read your post,you have been ageist for a long time,just as well they weren't back ups last season eh

yep Kovacic was everywhere for them and there man of the match

Interesting midfield analysis by Michael Cox from the Athletic on why our midfield looked so open in the first 30 mins vs Chelsea. His main points: Citys midfield switching between 4-2-3-1 & 4-3-3 shape + Silvas issues with pressing meant Rodri was left with too much space to cover: https://theathletic.com/1408364/201...ea-tactics/?amp#click=https://t.co/HYH0X88i6S
I didn't notice change in shape. I couldn't possibly from my seat, but I did notice that David Silva and Rodri were completely bypassed. Their struggle to contain Chelsea's movement in midfield might explain why KDB was so tired. He was noticeably struggling after 70 mins. By then though City were firmly in control of the game thanks to Pep's subs/

I didn't notice change in shape. I couldn't possibly from my seat, but I did notice that David Silva and Rodri were completely bypassed. Their struggle to contain Chelsea's movement in midfield might explain why KDB was so tired. He was noticeably struggling after 70 mins. By then though City were firmly in control of the game thanks to Pep's subs/

Yes, seems like KDB played a deep box2box role alongside Rodri, meaning he had to cover a lot of ground. Think Rodri will come good for us. Issue is he cant play together with David Silva, as the midfield becomes too imobile. Ideally he shouldnt play with Gundogan either imo.

They showed some good replays of it on MNF last night. At times it was even like a 442. The pressing was there, but it wasn't nearly as intense as it has been in the last two seasons. Instead of pressing hard after losing the ball, we just got back into shape a lot of the time. Could be to compensate for the defensive injuries and protect the backline more, but it does also look like the energy's just not here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.