Shakhtar Donetsk (H) CL Post-Match Thread

No pace going forward
No press all over the pitch
No energy all over the pitch
Like most games this season.
we are not playing the pep way. Why ?

every player looks slow & tired. Some of our performances tonight were terrible.

it’s great that we are through but a good champs league team will cut through us.

something is very wrong this season & it’s not just the injuries. Every team looks fitter, quicker & want it more. Why ?

It's about time we got back to basics. We need to put Fernandinho back into midfield and if Otamendi/Stones aren't good enough then get rid in January. I'd even play Garcia just to make sure we've got round pegs in round holes. Rodri and Gundogan just won't work.

We look so slow, tired and pedestrian I genuinely don't know what's happened. We never have a game where one or two players have an off day, they all have an off day at the same time. I do sometimes think Pep is over thinking the game. Just play the right players in the right positions and tell them to press like they did last year.

We won't win the Champions League playing like this.

I can't complain too much after what we've seen over the last few years but this year just feels so disappointing. We seem to have completely fell off a cliff and I wonder if the speculation around Pep has caused this or are the players burnt out?

I REALLY hope Atalanta go through

Time wasting, injury faking, flat back 11 fuckers. Burnley, with a foreign accent

Too slow from us. Poor.

To be fair we knew we were gonna qualify maybe it took an edge off us,but we did hammer this team 6-0 last season and missed a host of chances as well in that game,we have dropped off a bit there’s no doubt about it,think we miss Fernandinho in midfield to be honest but that’s only part of it ..

Due to the fact that over the last two seasons we’ve been the best premier league team ever, and broken every record under the sun, Pep has escaped from any sort of pressure mounting on him. The fact is though, we’re being saved by individual brilliance, but I’m starting to think that the players aren’t happy because this is just so far from a ‘Pep team’ it’s unreal

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.