Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another laboured performance tonight. Feel like we need to shake things up a bit. I’d like to see us go with the following XI, but realise there is little chance of that. They looked poor against Villa too, but will be a different proposition at home I’m sure.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Fernandinho
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus
Unfortunately stones and Otamendi are a car crash together at CB it’s a no no ..

Last two months the performances have been a concern. We look really predictable going forward and our pressing when losing the ball is a clear drop off. Big month ahead we have to try and stay at least single figure points behind. Ederson; Walker Stones Rodri Angelino; Fernandinho De Bruyne Bernardo; Foden Jesus Sterling.

I can see this one being a banana skin Ric. They will park the bus and try to hit us on the break and given how we've been playing they are likely to get a goal. Our opponents look like scoring with nearly every attack! It's not an easy place to play if they get the crowd behind them and the best thing to do is get an early goal to finish them off. The longer it's 0-0 the more they'll fancy it.

For me, it starts at the back. We can't keep conceeding goals when the opposition has 1 attack and scores, it's almost comical!! I wouldn't play Otamendi again myself, but if a centre half pairing of Otamendi and Stones can't keep a clean sheet at Newcastle, they probably need to go. Since Vinnie left, we needed a leader at the back and these two have gone AWOL big style. Both have big mistakes lined up in them this season. Garcia has looked good enough when I've seen him and let's be honest, he can't be any worse and if he his, he realistically has no future at the club! Ultimately, If we don't make defensive signings in January we're not going to win anything this season. I have been shocked at how our defence has completely crumbled like it has - it needs rebuilding and I'd not be unhappy to see the lot go.

I just think we need to keep it simple. Get Fernandinho where he belongs in central midfield and play an attacking, pressing, aggressive style like last year. We need fresh legs in midfield so get Foden, Fernandinho, KdB and Bernardo/Mahrez playing and give Silva a rest. He should be an impact man, not a starter although he is a legend, pure legend.

If we do that, we'll win but they way we've been playing this has got 1-1 or 1-2 all over it.

Unfortunately stones and Otamendi are a car crash together at CB it’s a no no ..
Put dinho in the middle and trust them,they need to get back in their proper positions,pep persisting with dinho at the back is killing our defence in the sense that so much is getting through the midfield,bloody pep is stubborn on having dinho at the back

Put dinho in the middle and trust them,they need to get back in their proper positions,pep persisting with dinho at the back is killing our defence in the sense that so much is getting through the midfield,bloody pep is stubborn on having dinho at the back

Agree but before Laporte got injured Dinho wasn't starting anyway in midfield.

I can see this one being a banana skin Ric. They will park the bus and try to hit us on the break and given how we've been playing they are likely to get a goal. Our opponents look like scoring with nearly every attack! It's not an easy place to play if they get the crowd behind them and the best thing to do is get an early goal to finish them off. The longer it's 0-0 the more they'll fancy it.

For me, it starts at the back. We can't keep conceeding goals when the opposition has 1 attack and scores, it's almost comical!! I wouldn't play Otamendi again myself, but if a centre half pairing of Otamendi and Stones can't keep a clean sheet at Newcastle, they probably need to go. Since Vinnie left, we needed a leader at the back and these two have gone AWOL big style. Both have big mistakes lined up in them this season. Garcia has looked good enough when I've seen him and let's be honest, he can't be any worse and if he his, he realistically has no future at the club! Ultimately, If we don't make defensive signings in January we're not going to win anything this season. I have been shocked at how our defence has completely crumbled like it has - it needs rebuilding and I'd not be unhappy to see the lot go.

I just think we need to keep it simple. Get Fernandinho where he belongs in central midfield and play an attacking, pressing, aggressive style like last year. We need fresh legs in midfield so get Foden, Fernandinho, KdB and Bernardo/Mahrez playing and give Silva a rest. He should be an impact man, not a starter although he is a legend, pure legend.

If we do that, we'll win but they way we've been playing this has got 1-1 or 1-2 all over it.
Yep, agree with most of that. Really feels like he should change things around on Saturday, but I’m not convinced he will. There will be rotation, of course, with Walker, Stones, Mendy, Silva and Mahrez all likely to return to the starting XI. Don’t think he’ll address the elephant in the room though, which is the giant hole in midfield that has been created by playing Fernandinho at centre half.

I agree Fernandinho back in the middle,but still not having stones and Otamendi together,it scares the life out of me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.