Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hoping for a good performance by everyone.

Doesn't seem to be a spark with the team at the moment.

Like there is no motivation.

Points dropped here, I'm going 1-1, not convinced we've got the legs to put in a good performance.
My team would be: Ederson, Walker, Angelino, Stones, Fernandinho, Rodri, De Bruyne, Foden, Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus.

Subs: Bravo, Cancelo, Mendy, Otamendi, Gundogan, B.Silva, D.Silva.

Another laboured performance tonight. Feel like we need to shake things up a bit. I’d like to see us go with the following XI, but realise there is little chance of that. They looked poor against Villa too, but will be a different proposition at home I’m sure.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Mendy
Fernandinho
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Sterling
Jesus
They will play like a team possessed come Saturday, just you watch.

We should manage to scrape wins against Newcastle and Manure but it's Burnley that really scares me with their height up front. Cancelo at left back and Rodri alongside Stones with Dinho sweeping may be the answer.

We need Kev or Dave to control the game, heard yesterday that the two big toon signings haven't got a goal/assist between them....gulp.

It's almost like we're playing at half pace, wonder if as well as the extensive injury list we also have a few walking wounded as well?

Perhaps more of a reason for Phil to get a game & Garcia on the bench.

Have to play either Rodri or Gundogan. They don’t work well together. When Gundogan plays 8 we lack mobility though he’s usually a much better 6. Since Rodri returned from injury he hasn’t been anywhere near aggressive enough with his passing.

I’d be delighted to see Foden start at 8 but I wouldn’t be upset to see Bernardo start at 8 as he gives us energy.

I think we’ll bring in Mendy, Walker, Stones and Mahrez.

One thing I think people are forgetting is that Pap is playing Fernandinho in defence as much to cover Laporte’s creativity from the back as much as his defensive nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.