Newcastle United (a) pre-match thread

Newcastle United (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
For one of the next 3-4 games until a fully fit Sergio returns I can see Pep playing a false no.9 as Gabby cannot play every time. Who would be best, Raheem perhaps with Riyadh and Bernardo on the flanks? Incidentally, Happy Lancashire Day to those in the know.

------------------Ederson---------------

Walker-----Stones------Ota----------Mendy

-------------------Rodri--------------------------

-------------KDB------------Dave--------------

Mahrez-------------Jesus-----------------Bernie

1-3 to City

Fernan and Raz to rest and start against Burnley and the Rags

Need additional height against Burnley so I would leave Rodri out of this game and let him rest for the Tuesday game. Would have Ferny in midfield with KDB and Bernardo alongside him and play Garcia alongside Stones. Walker and Angelino being the full backs. Up front Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling

Newcastle's only threat seems to be from set pieces and counter attacks. I'd like to see the following on Saturday;

----------------------Ederson-------------------
Walker -------- Stones --- Ota -------Mendy
--------------------Fernandinho----------------
------------------KDB-------- Rodri--------------
Bernardo -------------Jesus-----------Sterling

Defend the set pieces, and we'll create plenty of chances with that team against Newcastle.

------------------Ederson
Walker----Stones----Fern----Angelino
-------------------Rodri
------KDB-------------------Foden
----Bernardo----Jesus-----Sterling

Walker and Stones highly likely to come in. I'd play Rodri as the holding man.

Stop pissing about now with this Fernandinho at the back shit and get him back in midfield pronto.

If we have to gamble on Otamendi or Garcia then so be it.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi or Garcia (The latter preferably)
Mendy (Last chance saloon)
Fernandinho
KDB
B Silva
Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling

we need to get back to the combinations that work

so on left Mendy,David & Sterling on the Right Walker , KDB & Bernardo i know the right was not great last night but think Cancelo was partly to do with that, still trying to fit in and trying too hard for me, but he is quick and gets up and downwell.

Bottom line not only do we need to win we need to put in a performance where we know we can dominate teams again.

As bad as Newcastle are, I can see us dropping points if Pep doesn’t shake things up a bit.

I’m hoping for De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Foden/Bernardo in midfield but I doubt it will happen. A pairing of Merlin/Gundogan and Rodri is asking for trouble.

Can imagine us starting off slow and chasing the game.

What's our record like at lunchtime kickoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.