London Bridge terror attack - 2 dead (not including attacker)

If he was wearing a tag it presumably means his actions and movements were being monitored 24/7 and not just electronically. Given that it is concerning he was able to knock up a fake suicide vest, arm himself and carry out an attack with only the general public on hand to stop him.

Fair to say there will be some serious questons being asked of the agency tasked with carrying out the monitoring.
Fake suicide vest bought online.... Knife bought in Asda or any other supermarket.

You are fine - no thread ban! But you are referring to a minority view. A large minority view i acknowledge. You only need to look as far as City's owners to recognise good, decent and proud Muslims living in today's world.

There are fundamentalists in all religions who are so sure their way is the only way that they can't see any other. Ask Muslims in India who are told by Hindu nationalists that they can't be truly Indian if they're Muslim. Fundamentalist Christians haven't exactly been the most tolerant of folk down the ages, either. It's dogmatism that's the problem, people arrogantly insisting they are right and the other fellow must be wrong. 250 years ago Voltaire said "Doubt is an uncomfortable position but certainty is a ridiculous one" and we still can't get our minds around that today.
(Now if i could only bring that approach to my feelings about MCFC on the one hand and the cheating, diving L'pool dippers on the other ... )

With him being on a tag he probably sought approval to travel and attend the conference on prisoner rehabilitation in London, appears it was planned.

security and intelligence services failing innocent civilians again.

How someone with a terror conviction can walk the street ever again is just unacceptable.
Because the court of appeal deemed an indeterminate sentence unlawful.

To blame the security services is silly though. Until they become the thought police, how can they stop one person from stabbing people? How intelligent do you presume them to be?

Last edited:
My take on this is that a terrorist only served half his sentence. You can be committed for many crimes, some maybe financial, and of course even those crimes can affect many lives. However, when somebody is willing to sacrifice their own life to take away the lives of others, that is a totally different issue. Lord Justice Leveson wasn't fit for purpose, and passed the decision he should have made onto the parole board! It should never have even got that far - this guy was a bubbling pot waiting to explode. How many mistakes have to be made before people become accountable? Anyhow, I've written to Judge Leveson, but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.

Even if it was just electronic I would again assume he would have his freedom of actions limited or even had to advise his schedule and places he was going etc and that any deviation would raise a flag.
They knew exactly where he was. He’d just finished a fucking seminar on reintegration of offenders in society at Fishmongers Hall, 50 yards from where he was finally shot.

What sort of super-tag are you expecting? You’re having a laugh here.

My take on this is that a terrorist only served half his sentence. You can be committed for many crimes, some maybe financial, and of course even those crimes can affect many lives. However, when somebody is willing to sacrifice their own life to take away the lives of others, that is a totally different issue. Lord Justice Leveson wasn't fit for purpose, and passed the decision he should have made onto the parole board! It should never have even got that far - this guy was a bubbling pot waiting to explode. How many mistakes have to be made before people become accountable? Anyhow, I've written to Judge Leveson, but I won't hold my breath waiting for a reply.
Original sentence wouldn’t have let him out. Court of Appeal overturned it so he served half of his 16 year sentence.

For people questioning the tag and monitoring him, he was exactly where he was supposed to be. A tag can’t stop him picking up a knife or making a fake suicide vest.

I also think if the extent of the monitoring was so low it allowed the planning, preparation and execution of the attack then the monitoring is not fit for purpose. Doing something like this cannot have gone unnoticed. Was he agitated? Was he stressed? Where his movements in the days before erratic? Was he being interviewed on a daily basis? Did nothing pop up on anyone’s radar?

Alternatively was he deemed such a low threat that monitoring was light or superficial? In which case someone got the assessment badly wrong.

Unless you analyse what went wrong and why you run the risk of making the same mistakes and next time the vest might not be fake.
, I could knock up a fake suicide bomb and arm myself from the stuff ive got in the kitchen, the knife looks like about 5 i have in the kitchen draw,and a few cans with tape and some wire out of a lamp shade would look real(what does a suicide vest look like) its impossible to stop this sort of attack,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.