London Bridge terror attack - 2 dead (not including attacker)

when I was a kid sat in an assembly singing sings with words like “thank you for the prayers we offer” and “Autumn days” the world was a far simpler place. Had it’s merits then.
Presumably you didn’t have a vicar or priest or bishop singing Nonce in Royal David City either or you might wonder a bit more about its merits.

And yet, at the very point where it is most influential, in the young, we allow it to take over schools and teach kids. Instead of banging on about Ofsted and academies and the like, just take religion out of schools and do it today.
A blanket ban because of the mayhem caused by fanatics of one particular faith isn't the answer.
'We plough the fields and scatter' hasn't yet resulted in anyone wanting to slaughter people indiscriminately to my knowledge.

False syllogism

Literally speaking yes. The point I was trying to get across was there is no limit to how far rich and powerful people will go to protect and further their own ends. At the very top level you only have to look at Blair and Bush and the invasion of Iraq. These people sat around a table and took a decision to kill and maim hundreds of thousands of people for their own ends. They lied at the highest level and hoodwinked millions to do so and got away with it. The little people and I include you and myself in that, we are collateral damage and of no consequence in their world's. They operate better by praying on people's fears and behind every action, however small on the surface, there is a bigger agenda. It helps to keep people in fear and nothing does that better than bogymen (/terrorists) killing them.

Presumably you didn’t have a vicar or priest or bishop singing Nonce in Royal David City either or you might wonder about its merits.

I was surrounded by nonces. My geography teacher got 12 years, German teacher 8 years and my boys brigade leader killed himself.

One of my best mates growing up was a catholic father. Not that hard. He was a great man.

A blanket ban because of the mayhem caused by fanatics of one particular faith isn't the answer.
'We plough the fields and scatter' hasn't yet resulted in anyone wanting to slaughter people indiscriminately to my knowledge.
But that's only because of chronology. Christianity has a long history of religious violence.

when I was a kid sat in an assembly singing sings with words like “thank you for the prayers we offer” and “Autumn days” the world was a far simpler place. Had it’s merits then.

20-30 years ago ? ... so during the Israeli-Palestinian conflict ; the Christian v Muslim outbreak at the Kaduna state in Nigeria ; the Christian/Sunni/Shiite conflicts in Lebanon, the orthodox wars between Catholics and Muslims in Croatia and Bosnia, Muslim on non Muslim in Sudan from 1983, Iraq wars, Iran and then of course we had terrorist bombings from the IRA here in England.

But that's only because of chronology. Christianity has a long history of religious violence.
As it's much older than islam, I'd say it's even longer.
However, that is far from true now, or the past few hundred years, the overwhelming amount of terrorist acts are committed
by Islamists, the two are not now compatible in any way.

No it didn't, I often, along with the other boys, had to give up our breaks because we were not singingly loudly enough or with the right enthusiasm about something we didn't care about or believe in the bastards. Sorry to treat a serious subject with some humour but that actually was bloody true lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.