London Bridge terror attack - 2 dead (not including attacker)

There was something disturbing about that whole tragic event even just judging by the knowledge that has been made public. Not releasing full details under the cover of national security at the inquest adds to that feeling and must hurt the families of the dead and survivor's.

I reckon if the Police were allowed to say how big the threat is from terrorists in the UK, there would be an outrage and a massive kick back on the Muslim communities of the UK.

The Ramsbottoms are good fiends of my older brother and my ex knows them too (totally unconnected) so I speak with some authority. That place takes some serious dough. They are great operators.

I popped in to see some friends who were having a late Sunday lunch and made the mistake of ordering a pint of bitter. £5 thanks very much! Just down the road in the Royal Oak I got a much better pint for £2.80. I'm not surprised they are raking it in.

I fear the frequency of such attacks is likely to increase. I think humanity is probably fucked.

I too am surprised that we don't get more. It's been said loads i'm sure but this does speak volumes of the job our security services do.

That couple of months in 2017 was crazy. Woke up a lot of mornings expecting to hear something had happened somewhere.

On my level at least.

At least intelligent enough to think "ah, a known terrorist is being released, let's make sure they can't even wipe their own arse without us knowing about it".

Then again, they let a known threat blow up kids and families in Manchester so they must have different priorities...

There must have been some recognition that he was a threat hence the tag and whilst he may have eligible automatically for early release as per the Parole Board statement there must be some review mechanism for what is essentially an ideological motivated offence. It’s unlikely that any ideological motivation would have lessened with 8 years in prison so at the very least there must have been a series of interviews to determine potiential threat level.

Is it just standard procedure to tag early release violent offenders and no special attention was given to this guy? Would it not make sense to have enhanced monitoring for ideological or politically motivated offenders?

Hopefully the inquest will shed some light.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.