Match Thread | Newcastle vs Man City (30/11/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
0285150a2ed495ee4e5252489bf0353f.jpg

Yet again we are doing the same thing. Too slow going forward when we regain possession. I said to my mate earlier, if they score before halftime, this is going to be a draw.
They are defending well, but we STILL haven’t found out anway to break through the parked bus in the box.
Mahrez is too narrow and is being screamed at by KDB to keep the width but he’s ignoring him.
Mendy HAS to move the ball quicker, Gabby is telling him where he wants it.

If we can’t win today, we have to hope Leicester do tomorrow.

I see highlights every day on Twitter where I see the team from the last few years and how fast and precise we were. We are a shadow of that team at moment, so slow and fucking boring. It’s awful to watch.
No sane, kdb and Bernardo our of form, Aguero looking laboured. That’s the difference. Plus how quickly dinho used to reclaim possession for us and shut out breaks

Today we are attacking from the left side and last game it was right side . Must be tactical but too predictable

Could Garcia or Bellis do any worse than Stones?

Mendy for me is finished at the top level. Too many serious injuries have killed him.

Even if we somehow win today for me our title challenge is over barring an unlikely Liverpool Devon Loch type collapse. Too many players off the pace and our hunger and intensity has gone.

I would give Garcia a proper chance now. Stones just isn't good enough.

Ultimately we need 2 new centre halves over the next 2 windows (to replace Stones and Otamendi) and we need a left back if Mendy doesn't improve.

Some of the worst crossing I’ve seen.

Mendy hitting the first defender every time, I thought we bought him for his crossing. It’s been terrible this game.

De Bruyne’s crossing is also off and had a chance for 2 through balls that were under hit. Two seasons ago he makes those passes and we score on both occasions.

Also we need to attack through the right side more. Everything is going through the left, it’s predictable.

frustrating first half.

Fucking hell! It’s still 1-1, right? To listen to some of you, it is as if we are 3-0 down and if we lose we are going to be relegated, ffs!

I honestly can’t believe what some people are writing.

Mendy has not presented any final balls into the box, but they’re playing a back 10, so we need to get down there quicker to get it in behind. Think Gundogan has done a good job of shuttling the ball into dangerous areas and open players. Mahrez needs to get in the game, as does Jesus, but they’re making the runs, but the ball is being hogged on our left.

Interesting playing a 2-2, with Walker coming into RM alongside Gundogan, but the space it is leaving on our right has been their main outlet, because Mahrez isn’t a defender.

I’m going to enjoy the second half to see how we solve the “11 behind the ball” problem, and see if we can restrict them to no shots on goal, while watching us get a few goals and about 15 more shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.