Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Pep will be livid with this, he even made a defensive change at 2-1 up, Jesus off for Rodri, and we still fucked it up.

that substituion tells you everything abut how Pep feels the team are playing at present....he doesnt trust them...

how many times before this season have you seen Pep make a decidedly defensive substitution? I cant remember many/any times prior to this season -however now he knows we aint playing well and is happy to try and hold on to a 2-1....its also the same with his tactic of having walker in the middle or the field when we are high up the pith and in possession just in case there is a turn over.....previously Pep has said that his system requires defenders how can defend one on one - he obviously doesnt trust his back four to do this at present hence having walker there to cover quick breakaways.....Mendy is shit one to one....stones is hugely struggling leaving ferna the only one capable

Defence a worry
Our finishing is a bigger worry for me.

Kun is coming to the end and Sané may leave so we’d be left with what we’ve got now and I don’t think it’s good enough. Not clinical enough!

The fact that we pinned the entire season on Laporte not getting hurt or Stones suddenly becoming a reliable player is naive and arrogant.

Mate we did that against the top 4 before the takeover and we have to suck it up when it happens to us.
I remember applauding Arsenal off the pitch at Maine Road when they gave us a lesson - 4-0 at half time and it could have been 10 so I know what you mean so fair point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.