Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Soo much pace in this liverpool team.....which was missing from ours
You'll find virtually every City fan who commented in the pre-match thread said the same thing about our starting line-up before the game kicked off.

WHy is David Silva starting when we have Foden? This is the problem when you have a key player playing out his last season. The coach doesn't want to change him. It was the same with Pellegrini and Yaya. He just wouldn't drop him, but Silva's days are done. He should be a squad player now, not an automatic starter.

Of course it's not just down to Silva. There are a few things wrong - mostly problems that would be solved by the players on the injury list.

I love Gabby to bits but he has been well below mediocre. If he can’t turn around in next two games then I guess we have to look somewhere else in summer. If he still can’t develop his awareness to hold the line and stay on side at this level than he is not the answer.

I would suggest that maybe they have, because of late our support has been pretty lack lustre too, probably reaching an all time worst in midweek despite there being over 52000 supposed City fans in the stadium.

I was referring to our away support Cleavers which in general is chalk and cheese compared to the home games...

Another underwhelming performance, we've really not got started this season at all for many reasons really. I'm sure we would all agree we dont expect to win every trophy going every season but the way we've allowed Liverpool to build such a lead is highly disappointing - there are definitely holes in this team that need filled.

I think the biggest issue we STILL have is the full backs, Walker, Mendy, Angelino, Cancelo and Zin to an extent have shown absolutely no reason why they should be first choices for our team. Little defensive abilities and next to no quality in the final third - we get away with it when we're playing well and keeping the ball but the moment we are exposed to see just how poor the lot of them are.
Spend another hundred million on full backs...???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.