Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Liverpool on 40 points after just 14 games. It’s not the title I fear we’re going to lose now, it’s the points record. I think we can do them at the Etihad, but no other team look like beating them.
They might take their eye off the prize if they wrap it up early.

I cannot wait for Tuesday, the league is gone and let's see what are we made of. There is no other team in Europe dominating the games as we are and still conceding anything thrown at us from around box area. It must be definitely causing us some psychological issues. Mendy needs some serious dropping, although I have no clue it's gonna have any effect on him. Angelino showed much more than him whenever given chance. I hope Stones and Otamendi start at the back with Fern as a CM, but I know there is a slim chance for it. Pep needs to tell players they are playing for their own pride from now on to the end of the season.

No chance mate.
We won't win the league this season but I always think you can measure truly great teams by how they respond. So if we can't win the Champions League let's win the FA Cup or the League Cup. If we end up with only one trophy (or none) then we accept it and move on to next season when we go again. I hope us City fans never become as self-entitled as our rivals in Trafford and Merseyside.

I’m sure he’ll be grateful for your advice. There are a lot of moaning gits on here as always. For what it’s worth, I think we can still win the league.
I'll have a pint of what you're drinking. We don't even look like we can win the league, never mind actually do it. The last 4/5 weeks have proved that this squad isn't good enough to win the league.
The CL is also out of reach, any team that fails to beat Newcastle, Wolves & Norwich won't be beating Real, Barca, Bayern or even PSG.
League Cup or FA Cup will be the most we win this season.

Spend another hundred million on full backs...???
We don't need to spend 100m - you only have to look at the full backs at Liverpool to understand that and I don't think saying they are definitely under par is an unfair criticism. We've not really seen enough of Angelino or Cancelo to make a proper judgement but of what has been played out this season it's clear it's still a glaring flaw in the team. Every single game look at where teams hit us and have success and it's clear for everyone to see that we have left and right backs that just don't have the quality when we are backs against the wall.

Some City fans gave Kolarov criticism because he couldn't defend - we've gone so far backwards from him and Zab even though we've spent a fortune, change of strategy has to be the solution.

Far to much slagging our players off on here for my liking. People forget these are the players that won us one hundred points, won the quad, given us the best two seasons of football we have ever witnessed. Yeah it’s been shit recently but these are still the same players who did all that in the last two years. Have some fucking faith in our manager to work his ass off to put it right and stop writing of players who have given so much.

Whilst it is too easy to highlight individual performances as lacking, of more concern is the overall team performance. The two issues that smack me in the face are the speed of pass. Too often the ball is trundled around after multiple touches rather than zipped about as it was when at our best. The second is our press has gone to hell in a hand basket. It used to be awesome. You can’t blame that on injuries. There just seems a general malaise.

It’s all about next month to me they’ve got a shit month,we’ve got a a few toughies coming up but I reckon we can pull back 6 pts by the end of December IF and I mean IF we pull are fingers out

Far to much slagging our players off on here for my liking. People forget these are the players that won us one hundred points, won the quad, given us the best two seasons of football we have ever witnessed. Yeah it’s been shit recently but these are still the same players who did all that in the last two years. Have some fucking faith in our manager to work his ass off to put it right and stop writing of players who have given so much.
Maybe we’re just expecting too much of them. The mental fortitude they’ve put in these last two seasons, to get 198 points, must take its toll at some point. Liverpool clearly have more desire than us this season, and that’s perhaps understandable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.