Newcastle (a) post-match thread

Well we bought new players who were suppsoed to re=charge City but they flopped.

We also have young players who could have the same effect. pep refuses to play them.

Our defending is especially poor.

Where would we be had we brought in Foden for Silva and Garcia for laporte? I reckon we'd be a lot better off, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.

Relentless in your criticism of Silva these last few weeks. Yeah, we get it, you think he's finished. No need to mention it every other post.

I know it’s not all down to one player, it’s a team game after all, but Mendy offered nothing either in defence or attack today , yes he’s had bad injuries since we signed him, but how much time does he need to start being beneficial to the team, struggling to see when or where he’s going to benefit us.
Terrible performance by him. Can't defend & his passing was awful. He's the most uncomfortable player for City on the ball since Lescott

Well that was dog pump today, against that shower noodles managed by Joe Bugner. No urgency, or cutting edge, when on the attack, hey lets pass it around a bit more so the other lot can get all 10 men back into defence, last few games have been like this. The problem of only having 2 recognised stikers, one injured an the other off form is starting to tell.

Deffo miss Sane and Sterling is not firing on all cylinders, same for Mahrez. I cannot see City winning and trophies and those victim monkies winning at least 2, and that's what will make it worse this season and the media shitfest that will follow.

Hopefully my little rant above will have spectaculalry back fired on me at the end of the season and City will have proved me wrong and we can all have a good laugh.

Did enough to win the game ,poor not to see it out, Fernadinho with the last free kick,, hes gone towards him for no reason,when a defender would stay put and close him down as he goes to the touchline,then the dude threw himself to the deck for the slight contact
Then not to figure why Shelvey was stood where he was for the free kick was just dumb

It’s not only Laporte but Bernie’s form is a big miss this season . He was the difference maker last season. Need him now to show his class ASAP

I thought i would wait for the dust to settle before posting today.

As I see the league is looking very difficult to retain this year, while we will keep on fighting i think the reality is that we are very unlikely to win it now.
We have really suffered with injuries and VAR this year but we also have had a major funk in form by so many key players.
I honestly believe we need to get back to some basics here and the start should be to get Ferny back into his DM role, Get Garcia in at centre back and see how he develops.
In midfield i would say that we need to accept that David Silva's best days are behind him, If Pep truly believes that Foden is ready then he should be starting and being replaces by Silva as a sub if required. If not them put Bernardo in the middle, as for Gundo i am not sure why he appears to be undroppable. Mahrez and Mendy today were awful as well.

Well we bought new players who were suppsoed to re=charge City but they flopped.

We also have young players who could have the same effect. pep refuses to play them.

Our defending is especially poor.

Where would we be had we brought in Foden for Silva and Garcia for laporte? I reckon we'd be a lot better off, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.

We will never know in the Foden/Garcia one but you are right on the transfers. None of them have added any value or improvement whatsoever so far. They need to step up.

Defending is clearly worse. In the last two seasons we have conceded 2 goals only 4 times in each season and one of them was a 7-2 win!

This season 5 times already with 24 games to go and won none of them.

It’s not only Laporte but Bernie’s form is a big miss this season . He was the difference maker last season. Need him now to show his class ASAP

Pep has to take his share of the blame for this as well, Bernardo was flying and although he needed a rest after the nations cup he should have been straight back in when available. He has been in and out of the side all season and that has done him no favours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.