Newcastle (a) post-match thread

I don't think he does leather every pass but, regardless of that, he still completed a lot of passes today. He is struggling though to get his game right. He under hit some crosses today and then belted one far too hard.

Pep has said that Mendy is a guy who needs to play a lot to tune his game up so let's hope Pep is right.

Not so much tuning needed but a full fucking restring ;-)

Well we bought new players who were suppsoed to re=charge City but they flopped.

We also have young players who could have the same effect. pep refuses to play them.

Our defending is especially poor.

Where would we be had we brought in Foden for Silva and Garcia for laporte? I reckon we'd be a lot better off, but that is with the benefit of hindsight.

No doubt we are conceding too many goals and shots on goal but we still concede fewer shots than the rest so I think the defending is better than people are giving them credit for. It's gone backwards though and that needs rectifying.

Last edited:
I don't think he does leather every pass but, regardless of that, he still completed a lot of passes today. He is struggling though to get his game right. He under hit some crosses today and then belted one far too hard.

Pep has said that Mendy is a guy who needs to play a lot to tune his game up so let's hope Pep is right.

I hope Pep is right because the kid is really likeable.

Pep has to take his share of the blame for this as well, Bernardo was flying and although he needed a rest after the nations cup he should have been straight back in when available. He has been in and out of the side all season and that has done him no favours.

He's been very average overall when he's played though and was during his first season. Big fan of his too and would love to see him play centrally but that's not going to happen.

Very unlike us to buy someone who isn't technically proficient though isn't it?

Head scratcher.

Can you remember anything about his performances the year before he came to us? I know we played them in Europe of course, but I genuinely can’t recall how he played.

Injuries aside the worrying thing for me is there isn't really a reaction. Last season after the Newcastle loss harsh words were said, we regrouped and turned it around. We have had some really poor performances already this season so you would think a few of these meetings have been had already but to no avail.

Pep will be as mystified and pissed off as we are. How do world class players suddenly look ordinary all of a sudden and all at the same time? They probably look okay in training, they work at tactics, then go out and appear to forget everything. He can't put the ball in the net from good chances, he can't legislate for passes going astray or defenders cocking up simple clearances or leaving a very good striker of the ball totally unmarked from a set piece.

Would Garcia be worst than Stones, or almost anyone better than Mendy? Do we not have ONE prolific young striker we could at least stick on the bench and throw on as a wild card when we are misfiring? We can laugh at the rags and I know some of their playing of young players is down to injuries, but at least they give Greenwood and co a go.
good post whats the point of having the best academy. if your never going to give them a chance.i know there shit at the moment but they had six academy players involved at their match.yet Foden can't even get a start fir us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.