Will heading a ball ever get banned in football?

But seriously, football would be better without it. It's a feature that barely requires any skill, just to have good genes. It would promote real footballing skills. And it would be fun if it would get banned now Rags paid 80m for Maguire. Van Diyk would be half of what he is too. We would barely be touched, we're team of midgets anyway.

There already is a version of football with no heading - futsal. From an attacking point of view, heading does require skill (timing, getting it accurate from a cross whipped in, glancing header, diving header, etc), and you don't need good genes or to be a giant. Aguero and Messi are both good headers of the ball, most of Cahill's goals were headers, Owen, etc.

No skill involved here...

I'm quite dubious about using data from when the football was very heavy and using it to say heading the much lighter ones we have now has to stop,i think the very young kids need to try not to do it but from say 10yrs old i don't see a problem,you can't really play the game without doing it,especially defenders

I'm sure that the weight of the ball has to be a factor but I suspect that it's not the most significant one. As best I can understand it, the issue is the human brain sloshing about and impacting against the skull that does the most damage. Any repercussion from the impact with the ball, being somewhat cushioned by the outside of the skull.

At least, that's what I think is the best theory. I haven't studied medicine and I am only going off of vaguely remembered radio debates, back when rugby was coming to terms with the issue.

Having said all that, I hope heading isn't banned. The game would lose something. Although, I'm struggling to articulate exactly what that might be.

There already is a version of football with no heading - futsal. From an attacking point of view, heading does require skill (timing, getting it accurate from a cross whipped in, glancing header, diving header, etc), and you don't need good genes or to be a giant. Aguero and Messi are both good headers of the ball, most of Cahill's goals were headers, Owen, etc.

No skill involved here...

It was semi serious post, but Aguero and Messi (though, what is the example of this, his goal vs United?) can be as good as they want but they'll rarely win the header vs Van Diyk or Laporte. Genes still rulez there.

Btw, Rodri supports banning headers.

Hopefully not. It’s a good and important part of the game. I love a headed goal!

It’s like asking if punching will be banned in boxing.

It was semi serious post, but Aguero and Messi (though, what is the example of this, his goal vs United?) can be as good as they want but they'll rarely win the header vs Van Diyk or Laporte. Genes still rulez there.

Btw, Rodri supports banning headers.

No wonder we never score from a corner.

It’d help if it was taught properly to youngsters in this day and age. The impact isn’t comparable to the game decades ago, though I imagine it still can and does cause damage and pose a risk.

Head down any weekend match at your local playing fields to watch a range of ages stand and flinch whilst the ball hits their head and ricochets their noggin in the opposite direction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.