Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Its natural that Pep will deny it publicly. Doesent mean things are not happening in the background though. According to Sam Lee, City are looking for a CB for january. I believe he is right, as Pep was angry that City didnt get Maguire. Either gonna be a homegrown player or we manage to offload Otamendi i guess. A shame that Ruben Dias signed a new contract, as he had a 56 million £ release clause.
Shame we were not looking in the summer

It would be very naive to advertise to the world he's looking to sign players in January.

People always say this but it never makes any sense. The agents and players involved will all know already, the clubs aren't going to change their stances based on an approach coming after Pep says he's not buying.

I already posted this on the Burnley prematch thread before I saw this thread.

A bit off topic but I’ve just read the article on the BBC where Pep says there will be no new players in January and Fern stays at centre back.

This is the kind of stubbornness that costs titles and cups and loses Managers their jobs (ok maybe not Pep but ordinary Managers). Surely I am not the only one who can see we are not a patch on the team of last season and desperately need a little strengthening. The league may be out of reach for us but we are still in three competitions although there does seem to be a consensus on here that we are not winning the Champions League with that defence.

I already posted this on the Burnley prematch thread before I saw this thread.

A bit off topic but I’ve just read the article on the BBC where Pep says there will be no new players in January and Fern stays at centre back.

This is the kind of stubbornness that costs titles and cups and loses Managers their jobs (ok maybe not Pep but ordinary Managers). Surely I am not the only one who can see we are not a patch on the team of last season and desperately need a little strengthening. The league may be out of reach for us but we are still in three competitions although there does seem to be a consensus on here that we are not winning the Champions League with that defence.
The CL KO stages start again on 18–19 & 25–26 February 2020. The defence will be last season's defence by that time, in fact it should be stronger as we will have Cancelo (I assume Laporte will be back by then, and there are no more injuries).

People always say this but it never makes any sense. The agents and players involved will all know already, the clubs aren't going to change their stances based on an approach coming after Pep says he's not buying.

Probably so but maybe it's also to cut out the endless tabloid speculation and never ending questions at the pressers.

Lots of good centre halves who are not involved in champions league, vvd when at Celtic not in champions league for long, I am sure a club could have got him in the January if they wanted to, we clearly need to strengthen at the back we are a fucking joke, teams are having 1 shot 1 goal, 2 shots 2 goals, anyhow shouldn't have been left until January, pep knew Vinny was off in the summer and should have done it then, but he thought he would be a smart arse and play Dinho as centre half, but has international centre halfs sat on the bench, so if he doesn't trust them they shouldn't be at the club simple as that

Only 3 teams conceded less and 16 have conceded more, but we’re a “fucking joke” at the back are we? Getting a bit tired of pundits & some supporters being wise after the event and telling everyone now how it was so obvious we should have got VVD and if we did how everything would now be hunky dory. I’m not sure Pep is the one looking like a smart arse here tbh.

We don't know what kind of options are available on the market. We were pretty clever recently in transfer area and refused to buy for the sake of buying. You have a target player and if you have to wait for him a bit, it's better to wait than to buy the worse one and pay his wages for 5 years. What's the point in buying one who is not significantly better than those you already have? or buying like Rags were doing it last 10 years.

Sometimes you're wrong and the one you get doesn't work, sometimes you miss some good one, we're not single club who buy players, but all in all, we were fairly good recently. Except with fullbacks, we're shit in buying them though :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.